Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrisu, has been named by one of France's most influential newspapers,Jeune Afric, as one of 10 leading young African politicians.
Mr Iddrisu is mentioned among the likes of 39 year old Moussa Mara, Prime Minister of Mali and 41 year old President of the Ivorian National Assembly.
Others include Cina Lawson, Togolese Minister of Post and the Digital Economy, 40, Julius Malema, South African political leader, 33, Mbarka Bouaida, Delegate Minister to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38, Juvenal Munubo Congolese MP, 35, and Amel Karboul, Tunisian Minister of Tourism, 41.
The rest are Stephanie Nyombayire, Communications Director for the Rwandan Presidency, 27, Barthelemy Dias, Deputy Mayor of Senegal, 38 years.
Jeune Afric published the list last month.
Haruna Iddrisu who is 43, was once President of the National Union of Ghana Students and eventually became national youth organizer of the National Democratic Congress.
He is also a Lawyer by training.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vivo Energy holds ‘Junior Road Care’ for school children
- Pernod Ricard wins Top Employer award in sub-Saharan Africa
- 36 leading brands, top Marketing Professionals honoured at 8th MWA
- Shopping spree at Achimota Mall as prices tumble ahead of Black Friday
- Fidelity Bank honoured with 3 awards
- Tread cautiously over revenue projections for 2019 - IFS warns gov't
- Ghanaian entrepreneur gets Glo-BC award for “commitment to Business Excellence”
- ADB staff oppose proposed ADB-NIB merger
- Opportunity International, UK Aid launch project to empower women
- Gov't to complete merger of ADB, NIB by Dec 31
- Gov't revisiting plans to lock in oil prices - Ofori-Atta
- MTN Ghana assures shareholders of good times ahead
- Borrowing in 2019 won’t cause debt distress – Ofori-Atta assures
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Gov't engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties