Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrisu, has been named by one of France's most influential newspapers,Jeune Afric, as one of 10 leading young African politicians.
Mr Iddrisu is mentioned among the likes of 39 year old Moussa Mara, Prime Minister of Mali and 41 year old President of the Ivorian National Assembly.
Others include Cina Lawson, Togolese Minister of Post and the Digital Economy, 40, Julius Malema, South African political leader, 33, Mbarka Bouaida, Delegate Minister to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38, Juvenal Munubo Congolese MP, 35, and Amel Karboul, Tunisian Minister of Tourism, 41.
The rest are Stephanie Nyombayire, Communications Director for the Rwandan Presidency, 27, Barthelemy Dias, Deputy Mayor of Senegal, 38 years.
Jeune Afric published the list last month.
Haruna Iddrisu who is 43, was once President of the National Union of Ghana Students and eventually became national youth organizer of the National Democratic Congress.
He is also a Lawyer by training.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs