Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrisu, has been named by one of France's most influential newspapers,Jeune Afric, as one of 10 leading young African politicians.
Mr Iddrisu is mentioned among the likes of 39 year old Moussa Mara, Prime Minister of Mali and 41 year old President of the Ivorian National Assembly.
Others include Cina Lawson, Togolese Minister of Post and the Digital Economy, 40, Julius Malema, South African political leader, 33, Mbarka Bouaida, Delegate Minister to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38, Juvenal Munubo Congolese MP, 35, and Amel Karboul, Tunisian Minister of Tourism, 41.
The rest are Stephanie Nyombayire, Communications Director for the Rwandan Presidency, 27, Barthelemy Dias, Deputy Mayor of Senegal, 38 years.
Jeune Afric published the list last month.
Haruna Iddrisu who is 43, was once President of the National Union of Ghana Students and eventually became national youth organizer of the National Democratic Congress.
He is also a Lawyer by training.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions
- Climate Week: Place agro-ecology at centre of climate action in Africa -- CSOs demand
- Farmers without alternative jobs getting poorer – Report
- World Bank Africa Vice President Hafez Ghanem to visit Ghana