Trade and Industry Minister, Haruna Iddrisu, has been named by one of France's most influential newspapers,Jeune Afric, as one of 10 leading young African politicians.
Mr Iddrisu is mentioned among the likes of 39 year old Moussa Mara, Prime Minister of Mali and 41 year old President of the Ivorian National Assembly.
Others include Cina Lawson, Togolese Minister of Post and the Digital Economy, 40, Julius Malema, South African political leader, 33, Mbarka Bouaida, Delegate Minister to the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, 38, Juvenal Munubo Congolese MP, 35, and Amel Karboul, Tunisian Minister of Tourism, 41.
The rest are Stephanie Nyombayire, Communications Director for the Rwandan Presidency, 27, Barthelemy Dias, Deputy Mayor of Senegal, 38 years.
Jeune Afric published the list last month.
Haruna Iddrisu who is 43, was once President of the National Union of Ghana Students and eventually became national youth organizer of the National Democratic Congress.
He is also a Lawyer by training.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan