Zenith Bank has been adjudged the "Bank of the Year, Ghana" at the 2014 Banker Awards held at the plush Intercontinental Hotel in London.
The awards, put together by the Banker Magazine, recognised banks that have distinguished themselves in about 155 countries.
In all about 500 entries were submitted for the various categories in each country.
The banker awards over the years has been the reference point for accessing the performance of banks in the world.
Speaking to Joy Business after the awards, Managing Director of Zenith Bank Ghana, Daniel Asiedu said the award shows the bank was on track to achieving excellence.
"In nine years we have won so many awards including , the Bank of the Year organised by Corporate initiative Ghana...We dedicate this award to our cherished customers and it would encourage us to come out with more innovative products for our clients", he said.
United Bank for Africa picked up the Regional Award for Africa, and Bank of the Year in four countries, while, Ecobank also picked up award as Bank of the Year in five countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, Cameroon, while International Commercial Bank of China was adjudged Global Bank of the Year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 22
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO