Zenith Bank has been adjudged the "Bank of the Year, Ghana" at the 2014 Banker Awards held at the plush Intercontinental Hotel in London.
The awards, put together by the Banker Magazine, recognised banks that have distinguished themselves in about 155 countries.
In all about 500 entries were submitted for the various categories in each country.
The banker awards over the years has been the reference point for accessing the performance of banks in the world.
Speaking to Joy Business after the awards, Managing Director of Zenith Bank Ghana, Daniel Asiedu said the award shows the bank was on track to achieving excellence.
"In nine years we have won so many awards including , the Bank of the Year organised by Corporate initiative Ghana...We dedicate this award to our cherished customers and it would encourage us to come out with more innovative products for our clients", he said.
United Bank for Africa picked up the Regional Award for Africa, and Bank of the Year in four countries, while, Ecobank also picked up award as Bank of the Year in five countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, Cameroon, while International Commercial Bank of China was adjudged Global Bank of the Year.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Energy Ministry slams NEDCo for failure to ‘access and utliise’ $54m
- Tullow Oil cuts 2019 output guidance
- ‘Dare to be job creators’ - Bawumia challenges university students
- NPA partners Korea Petroleum to improve product quality
- BIMA Ghana launches insurance policies for lower-income earners
- Ghana Manufacturers’ Business Summit premiers to address Ghana’s productivity
- Ghanaian based startup, Jumeni launches software for waste management
- Ghana's 'goodbye' letter Ken Ofori-Atta, Addison sent to the IMF
- MTN converts Nigerian unit to public company before planned listing
- Huawei records 8% profit in Q1 of 2019
- Huawei announces Q1 2019 business results
- BoG bares teeth - Warns forex bureaux to conform to rules
- World Bank provides $200m for electricity in West Africa, Sahel region
- Gold worth billions smuggled out of Africa
- GUTA begins new initiative to tackle depreciating cedi