The Kantanka range of vehicles, built by Ghanaian inventor, Safo Kantanka will go on sale next month, according to the local manufacturer.
The Ghanaian vehicle manufacturer says it now has the capacity to produce up to 120 cars a month.
If next month’s commercial sale of the Kantanka vehicles comes to fruition, it will be the first ever commercial outing since Apostle Kwadwo Safo begun his inventions more than two decades ago.
The company, Great Kosa Suaye Technological Centre, says it now has installations at its Gomoa Mpota factory to produce enough vehicles for the Ghanaian market.
Public Relations Manager for the Christo Asafo Mission, Kwame Osei Bempah, who owns the project told Joy News’ Fred Smith they are hopeful their brand of vehicles will give stiff competition to brands already on the market.
“We have finished with the installation [of the vehicles] and we have started work on commercial production...Now we are producing cross country vehicles”, he said.
The cross country vehicles, called ‘Kantanka Onantefuo’ as well as four-wheel drive pickups, ‘Kantanka Opasafuo’, according to Bempah “are very robust”.
Apostle Safo Kantanka's inventions have been dogged with major criticism -- notable amongst them being that the inventions are largely re-engineering.
The head of the Kristo Asafo Mission has also assembled many electronic gadgets such as TV sets, generators, and home theatres. Some of these gadgets are turned on by the clap of one's hands.
The government announced early this month it will buy majority of the vehicles produced by the company as the demand to resource state institutions keeps growing.
The purchase would further indicate the government’s commitment to promoting locally manufactured products.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Petrosol boss wins Oil and Gas CEO Of The Year Award
- WorldRemit introduces cheaper charge for remittances
- VIDEO: Ghana has everything it takes to do without an IMF program – IMF boss
- Taxify partners Vivo Energy to give drivers cheap prices at the pumps
- Move into 2019 with zeal – Nana Otuo Acheampong urges banks
- GCB gives bonuses, rewards to customers
- Continue to provide leadership - Otumfuo urges Gold Fields
- Stanbic Bank wins Financial Deal of the Year
- Companies fail because of failure of leadership – Jim Baiden
- CIMAF awards loyal clients to mark 2nd anniversary
- Japan urges G-20 to settle global trade woes multilaterally
- IMANI turns to parliament; raises red flags over UNI-PASS contract
- Taxing online business is a challenge but we’ll find a way- Ofori-Atta
- Alhassan Andani is best CEO
- Bank of Baroda closes down; CAL Bank to take over?