As part of efforts to empower its staff to push on their business transformation agenda, Tigo has brought together all its Human Resource Managers across Africa and UK to mentor and offer career guidance services to its employees in Ghana.
The HR Managers from Chad, Senegal, DRC, Rwanda, Ghana, Tanzania and London will among others, also discuss with employees the range of jobs available in the various Tigo operational markets across the region and globally.
The three day event which begun on 2nd December 2014 at the Novotel hotel in Accra, has several other high profile and widely-experienced professionals such as Prof. John Kobla Aheto, a former Dean of the University of Ghana Business School. Participants will also have one-on-one sessions to discuss their career aspirations and get coaching on how to achieve them.
The Africa HR Director for Millicom, the parent company for Tigo, Ayotade Oyinlola, emphasized that as a company, Tigo remains committed to driving growth and becoming more efficient in the market and employees were essential to this.
“Helping employees to build a sustainable career is key to the transformational agenda of our brand, we need the best people with the right skills and right attitude”, he said.
The HR Manager for Tigo Ghana, Elizabeth Arhin, said, “We are one of the few employers in Ghana that consistently offer several regional and global opportunities for our employees to work in other markets.
It is essential to offer them guidance such as this which will enable them take advantage of our numerous opportunities to become experts and global citizens”.
Tigo was the first telecom operator in Ghana and for more than 20 years they have invested heavily in developing several young talents into telecom experts.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- SONA 2019: Govt to launch National Automotive Policy in March
- Ghana needs $2bn agro, industry investment to stabilise cedi
- Jubilee House to be powered by Solar energy from August
- Tax exemption policy growing menace to fiscal stability, revenue generation – Akufo-Addo
- Africa needs to implement continental strategy on technology – Fidelity MD
- Oil hovers near 2019 highs amid OPEC cuts
- Tullow Ghana deepens its local content agenda through maiden mentorship program
- Pressure on cedi backed by real demand by businesses – ACI
- GCIC entrepreneurs generate over $1 million in revenue
- Silver Star Auto unveils Mercedes-Benz ambulances in Ghana
- Local steel industry touted as backbone of Ghanaian economy
- Banking sector reforms: Fiscal and macroeconomic costs - 2
- Ghana drops five points on latest Consumer Confidence Index
- SME's exposed to cyber security threat – Expert warns
- UMB to support importers, exporters take advantage of int’l market