Managing Director of Airtel Ghana, Ghana’s telecom brand of the year, Lucy Quist was crowned Marketing Woman of the year at the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Marketing Performance Awards held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Accra.
Lucy Quist was recognized for her contribution to the telecommunication industry and the marketing fraternity as a whole. The award recognized her leadership in driving transformational change in the sector evidenced by Airtel Ghana’s innovative and cutting-edge communications, connectivity and collaborative solutions.
Part of her citation read ‘ this award is in recognition of your exceptional leadership, your excellence in strategic marketing in the areas of market insights, marketing strategy development, managing your corporate reputation right down to managing marketing teams and your CSR programs for the year 2014 and your contributions to the telecommunications industry”.
Lucy Quist is the first Ghanaian female Managing Director of a major telecommunications company in the country. She was also recently recognized for her contribution to and mercurial rise in the telecom industry at the Ghana Telecommunications Awards where Airtel Ghana won a total of 4 awards.
Asked how she felt about the awards she said “I am delighted to be the recipient of this award. This clearly is a recognition of the continuous effort we put in every day at Airtel to raise the standards of marketing not only in the telecommunication sector, but across industry as a whole. To be recognised for this is truly inspiring. It is also a humbling experience but one that challenges me to do more, to achieve more and to inspire others to do same.”
She continued “I want to thank my family for their continuous support and encouragement and to my team at Airtel, who put in their best effort every day to make us the most loved brand in the daily lives of Ghanaians”.
The CIMG Awards and Dinner Dance is Ghana’s number one marketing event. It is also one of the most competitive and prestigious events to reward marketing excellence in industry. The theme for this year’s award was “The future of Marketing: evolve or die”.
The event played host to renowned marketers and organisations who were acknowledged and celebrated for their marketing excellence and innovation.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Julian Kingsley Opuni appointed new Fidelity Bank Managing Director
- I doubt ADB would delist from Ghana Stock Exchange – GSE boss
- VIDEO: Farmers urge gov't to revamp Ghana’s seed factories
- GRA storms businesses to retrieve outstanding tax liabilities
- Ecobank appoints MFS Africa as digital payment partner
- Martell to launch two new outstanding cognacs in Ghana
- All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
- Huawei’s Washington presence dwindles amid legal brawl with U.S.
- Shell, Eni face $1.1 billion Nigerian lawsuit over 2011 oil deal
- Rashida Saani Nasamu, Atta Akyea, others honoured with Nobles awards
- Total Petroleum Ghana wins Brand of the Year award
- ADB likely to delist from Ghana Stock Exchange
- The Seed Funds partners Kenya's 4G Capital fintech company
- Ghana could cut interest rates by March - Dr Ernest Addison
- ADB seeks shareholders’ approval to raise GHS383m to recapitalise