Managing Director of Airtel Ghana, Ghana’s telecom brand of the year, Lucy Quist was crowned Marketing Woman of the year at the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) Marketing Performance Awards held at the Banquet Hall of the State House, Accra.
Lucy Quist was recognized for her contribution to the telecommunication industry and the marketing fraternity as a whole. The award recognized her leadership in driving transformational change in the sector evidenced by Airtel Ghana’s innovative and cutting-edge communications, connectivity and collaborative solutions.
Part of her citation read ‘ this award is in recognition of your exceptional leadership, your excellence in strategic marketing in the areas of market insights, marketing strategy development, managing your corporate reputation right down to managing marketing teams and your CSR programs for the year 2014 and your contributions to the telecommunications industry”.
Lucy Quist is the first Ghanaian female Managing Director of a major telecommunications company in the country. She was also recently recognized for her contribution to and mercurial rise in the telecom industry at the Ghana Telecommunications Awards where Airtel Ghana won a total of 4 awards.
Asked how she felt about the awards she said “I am delighted to be the recipient of this award. This clearly is a recognition of the continuous effort we put in every day at Airtel to raise the standards of marketing not only in the telecommunication sector, but across industry as a whole. To be recognised for this is truly inspiring. It is also a humbling experience but one that challenges me to do more, to achieve more and to inspire others to do same.”
She continued “I want to thank my family for their continuous support and encouragement and to my team at Airtel, who put in their best effort every day to make us the most loved brand in the daily lives of Ghanaians”.
The CIMG Awards and Dinner Dance is Ghana’s number one marketing event. It is also one of the most competitive and prestigious events to reward marketing excellence in industry. The theme for this year’s award was “The future of Marketing: evolve or die”.
The event played host to renowned marketers and organisations who were acknowledged and celebrated for their marketing excellence and innovation.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Only 2% in informal sector pay taxes
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region