The Chartered Institute of Bankers, Ghana (CIBG) says it would focus on developing digital services for the banking industry in the country starting 2017.
Newly inducted President of CIBG, Reverend Mrs Patricia Sappor said her administration will drive improvement in the banking sector to satisfy the needs of customers.
She told Joy Business the changes which the CIBG is spearheading in the banking industry were necessitated by current trend of customer needs.
Rev. Mrs sappor made these comments during an interview with Joy Business, after she was sworn-in as the new President of the Institute.
According to her, CIBG would collaborate with Ghana's Central Bank to enhance the operations of Microfinance and Non-Banking Financial Institutions.
She takes over as president of the institute from Jude Mettle who has served his two-year term as president of CIBG.
Per the establishing document of the Institute, she is expected to end her tenure in the next two years.
Rev. Mrs Sappor is the first female president of the CIBG since its 38 years history. She is currently the Head of Corporate Communications at ECOBANK Ghana and Anglophone West Africa.
She became an Associate Member of the Institute of Financial Studies, U.K, 1995 having studied at City Banking Collage U.K from 1991 to 1995.
Prior to her election, she served as Vice President of the Institute from 2012 to 2016, after she had served 13 years representing ECOBANK on the institute’s Governing Council.
She was subsequently awarded a fellow of the CIBG in 2008.
Rev. Mrs Sappor was also the Chairperson of the Editorial and Publicity Committee and the Education and Programmes Committee of the Institute.
While serving those capacities, she brought her expertise to bear on both the industry and academic activities.
She is a motivational speaker with great organisational skills as well as an ordained Minister of the Action Chapel International.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Stanbic Bank wins Financial Deal of the Year
- Companies fail because of failure of leadership – Jim Baiden
- CIMAF awards loyal clients to mark 2nd anniversary
- Japan urges G-20 to settle global trade woes multilaterally
- IMANI turns to parliament; raises red flags over UNI-PASS contract
- Taxing online business is a challenge but we’ll find a way- Ofori-Atta
- Alhassan Andani is best CEO
- Bank of Baroda closes down; CAL Bank to take over?
- Shareholders of Cal Bank approve transfer of GH¢ 50m to help meet capital requirement
- ‘Dumsor’: Bui Power Plant to the rescue?
- Over $10 billion of Gold shipped out of Ghana unaccounted for –Report
- Ghana Energy Awards 2018: VRA grabs 2 prestigious wins
- Ghana to receive another Compact Programme from MCC
- FRG congratulates First Atlantic Bank, Energy Bank for successful merger
- Ghana Oil and Gas Awards has transformed petroleum sector