Ecobank scored a double win after triumphing in two categories at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2017.
The leading pan-African bank was awarded Best Digital Bank in Africa and Best Bank in Ghana at a ceremony held at the Tower of London last Thursday.
Ade Ayeyemi, GCEO, Ecobank said the award served as validation to the global banking industry about the positive impact of the Ecobank digital strategy.
“We are using digital technology to financially include many millions more into formal financial systems, and therefore improve lives across Africa, so it is wonderful to be acknowledged in this way.”
Patrick Akinwuntan, Group Executive, Consumer Banking, said, “the fact that you can open your bank account - Ecobank Xpress instantly and do instant transfers and bill payments across Africa on our mobile app is what makes our value proposition to customers quite unique.
This award confirms that we are indeed making banking easier, more accessible and more affordable across the continent than ever before.”
Dan Sackey, Regional Executive for Anglophone West Africa and Managing Director, Ecobank Ghana, was delighted to see Ghana win for the third consecutive year.
“Over the past 12 months we have invested particularly in our digital services,” he said.
“This award is proof that we continue to provide convenient, relevant and reliable banking solutions to our clients, year after year.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Gov't through FDA rallies supermarkets to promote locally produced goods
- Billionaire banker David Rockefeller dies aged 101
- Accra Mall launches Family Club to reward families
- Google regrets 'minor glitch' that caused cedi to plummet
- Fidelity Bank outdoors digital branch at KNUST
- Cedi depreciation will be credit negative for Ghana banks – Moody’s warns
- Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs pays familiarisation visit to NBSSI
- Airtel Nigeria in talks with NSE for listing on Nigerian Stock Exchange
- $1.3 trillion and 7,000 finance jobs leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Uber to list on New York Stock Exchange' for stock listing
- Africa World Airlines denies ordering aircraft from COMAC
- Gov’t to double exports by end of 2019 – Carlos Ahenkorah
- Big banks are using AI to keep out of trouble
- World Bank Africa Vice President heads to Ghana for 3-day working visit
- Republic Bank, Vodafone Ghana partner on mobile money transactions