Ecobank scored a double win after triumphing in two categories at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2017.
The leading pan-African bank was awarded Best Digital Bank in Africa and Best Bank in Ghana at a ceremony held at the Tower of London last Thursday.
Ade Ayeyemi, GCEO, Ecobank said the award served as validation to the global banking industry about the positive impact of the Ecobank digital strategy.
“We are using digital technology to financially include many millions more into formal financial systems, and therefore improve lives across Africa, so it is wonderful to be acknowledged in this way.”
Patrick Akinwuntan, Group Executive, Consumer Banking, said, “the fact that you can open your bank account - Ecobank Xpress instantly and do instant transfers and bill payments across Africa on our mobile app is what makes our value proposition to customers quite unique.
This award confirms that we are indeed making banking easier, more accessible and more affordable across the continent than ever before.”
Dan Sackey, Regional Executive for Anglophone West Africa and Managing Director, Ecobank Ghana, was delighted to see Ghana win for the third consecutive year.
“Over the past 12 months we have invested particularly in our digital services,” he said.
“This award is proof that we continue to provide convenient, relevant and reliable banking solutions to our clients, year after year.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- NCA to crackdown on counterfeit mobile devices
- Kwidex wins Betway Fintech Challenge
- Ecobank records sterling performance but defers dividends payment
- Karpowership wins Outstanding Independent Powerplant in West Africa award
- Ghana to recruit more banks to market its domestic bonds
- Fiscal laxity may compel Ghana to rely on IMF – EIU
- MTN Nigeria shares jump on second day of trading
- 2019 MTN Internet Festival launched
- Ghana’s economy to grow by 6.5% - not 7.6% - in 2019 – EIU
- EIU projects further widening of fiscal deficit to 4.6% of GDP this year
- SEC’s ‘high-return investments carry high risks’ argument rubbished
- Most Ghanaian businesses do not travel after life of owners – CEO Summit organizer worried
- Cussons Baby Ghana celebrates mothers in Ghana
- Digital agency banking to drive deposits for CalBank
- Smuggling of petroleum products reduces