Ecobank scored a double win after triumphing in two categories at the Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2017.
The leading pan-African bank was awarded Best Digital Bank in Africa and Best Bank in Ghana at a ceremony held at the Tower of London last Thursday.
Ade Ayeyemi, GCEO, Ecobank said the award served as validation to the global banking industry about the positive impact of the Ecobank digital strategy.
“We are using digital technology to financially include many millions more into formal financial systems, and therefore improve lives across Africa, so it is wonderful to be acknowledged in this way.”
Patrick Akinwuntan, Group Executive, Consumer Banking, said, “the fact that you can open your bank account - Ecobank Xpress instantly and do instant transfers and bill payments across Africa on our mobile app is what makes our value proposition to customers quite unique.
This award confirms that we are indeed making banking easier, more accessible and more affordable across the continent than ever before.”
Dan Sackey, Regional Executive for Anglophone West Africa and Managing Director, Ecobank Ghana, was delighted to see Ghana win for the third consecutive year.
“Over the past 12 months we have invested particularly in our digital services,” he said.
“This award is proof that we continue to provide convenient, relevant and reliable banking solutions to our clients, year after year.”
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs