All is set for Ghana’s biggest summit for finance trainees slated for Friday 14th July at the Accra international Conference Centre. The ACCA Annual Students’ Summit and Job fair which started in 2014 has seen significant growth since its inception to date, with over 1700 persons participating in last year’s edition.
According to the organisers- the Ghana office of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the 2017 edition is going to be even more exciting with a lot more add-ons. Themed “ACCA Qualification- The future”, this year’s summit will delve into the thorny subject of what the future holds for people in a finance Career as well as persons aspiring to get into the profession in the wake of changing demands of the profession.
Speaking to Kwaku Anim Boadu-Education Manager for ACCA Ghana, he said “the Finance Professional has evolved from the age of number-crunching to a modern day wholistic business support professional providing guidance and advice on aspects of the business that never had been in his/her domain.”
According to him “companies have also evolved. From labor-intensive to data-intensive systems, the role of technology at work cannot be overemphasized. With these fast-pace changes, will the skill set acquired today still be relevant in the medium to long-term? Is there job security for the trainee?”, “these are the issues we want to address”, he continued.
ACCA’s Portfolio Head of East and West Africa, Norman William indicated that this is the reason why ACCA had assembled resource persons rich in experience and knowledge to address the subject. They include Prof Kwame Boasiako Omane-Antwi-Vice Rector of Pentecost University, Kenneth Thompson - CEO Dalex Finance, Belinda Dede Tandor- CFO Glico Pensions who also doubles as President of the Association of Women Accountants Ghana (AWAG), Aisha Bedewe-Tax Partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and Stephen Kwame Omane- President & CEO of OTG Finance Group.
The Summit also features a job fair with over 16 Companies and Training firms providing jobs and Internship opportunities, CV and Career Advice and other support services. They include Dalex Finance, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Barclays, British Council, First Atlantic Bank, Databank, Jobberman, HireGhana, Deloitte, Ernst & Yong, jobsinGhana.com and a lot more.
The Summit starts at 8am with exhibiting companies providing job and internship opportunities that have been secured for participants by ACCA Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Vivo Energy holds ‘Junior Road Care’ for school children
- Pernod Ricard wins Top Employer award in sub-Saharan Africa
- 36 leading brands, top Marketing Professionals honoured at 8th MWA
- Shopping spree at Achimota Mall as prices tumble ahead of Black Friday
- Fidelity Bank honoured with 3 awards
- Tread cautiously over revenue projections for 2019 - IFS warns gov't
- Ghanaian entrepreneur gets Glo-BC award for “commitment to Business Excellence”
- ADB staff oppose proposed ADB-NIB merger
- Opportunity International, UK Aid launch project to empower women
- Gov't to complete merger of ADB, NIB by Dec 31
- Gov't revisiting plans to lock in oil prices - Ofori-Atta
- MTN Ghana assures shareholders of good times ahead
- Borrowing in 2019 won’t cause debt distress – Ofori-Atta assures
- Unexpected outages caused by gas shortage
- Gov't engages cocoa farmers across the country to strengthen ties