All is set for Ghana’s biggest summit for finance trainees slated for Friday 14th July at the Accra international Conference Centre. The ACCA Annual Students’ Summit and Job fair which started in 2014 has seen significant growth since its inception to date, with over 1700 persons participating in last year’s edition.
According to the organisers- the Ghana office of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the 2017 edition is going to be even more exciting with a lot more add-ons. Themed “ACCA Qualification- The future”, this year’s summit will delve into the thorny subject of what the future holds for people in a finance Career as well as persons aspiring to get into the profession in the wake of changing demands of the profession.
Speaking to Kwaku Anim Boadu-Education Manager for ACCA Ghana, he said “the Finance Professional has evolved from the age of number-crunching to a modern day wholistic business support professional providing guidance and advice on aspects of the business that never had been in his/her domain.”
According to him “companies have also evolved. From labor-intensive to data-intensive systems, the role of technology at work cannot be overemphasized. With these fast-pace changes, will the skill set acquired today still be relevant in the medium to long-term? Is there job security for the trainee?”, “these are the issues we want to address”, he continued.
ACCA’s Portfolio Head of East and West Africa, Norman William indicated that this is the reason why ACCA had assembled resource persons rich in experience and knowledge to address the subject. They include Prof Kwame Boasiako Omane-Antwi-Vice Rector of Pentecost University, Kenneth Thompson - CEO Dalex Finance, Belinda Dede Tandor- CFO Glico Pensions who also doubles as President of the Association of Women Accountants Ghana (AWAG), Aisha Bedewe-Tax Partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PwC), and Stephen Kwame Omane- President & CEO of OTG Finance Group.
The Summit also features a job fair with over 16 Companies and Training firms providing jobs and Internship opportunities, CV and Career Advice and other support services. They include Dalex Finance, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Barclays, British Council, First Atlantic Bank, Databank, Jobberman, HireGhana, Deloitte, Ernst & Yong, jobsinGhana.com and a lot more.
The Summit starts at 8am with exhibiting companies providing job and internship opportunities that have been secured for participants by ACCA Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards
- Key African Central Banks to hold rates on CPI, oil prices
- China's growth set to slow to 6.3% in 2019
- GRA to introduce new measure to control transit trading
- Moody’s lauds banking sector reforms
- Tullow targets drilling, completion of works on new wells in this year