JoyBusiness and the Multimedia Group Thursday received an honorary award at the second Ghana Startup Awards held in Accra.
The honorary award is in recognition of JoyBusiness’ contribution towards building startup firms in Ghana; for providing tremendous opportunities for startups and young entrepreneurs in areas of grooming and business promotion.
The Group Head of Business Programming at the Multimedia Group, Emma Morrison said, “it makes me happy that we’ve been recognized for our hard work. We set out a deliberate agenda to actually help startups as a means and also to help young entrepreneurs."
She said, "Obviously, I expect it to sort of boost the morale of my Team; that they are doing something right, they enjoy what they do and yes they are touching a nerve and they are making an impact on people.”
She said the Multimedia Group through its programmes will continue to help nurture and help startups.
Ms Morrison said, “there are a lot of things we are going to do, and people should just watch out”
Fifteen awards were dished out in the second edition of the awards held in Accra Thursday night. The awardees included Asoriba and Dough Man Foods in the categories of Technology and Processing respective.
The full list of award winners are as follows:
Startup of the Year – Zeepay
Startup Entrepreneur of the Year – Claudia Lumor
Student Startup of the Year- My Home Teacher
Non-Ghanaian Startup of the Year- Tonaton
Social Enterprise of the Year- Food For All Programme
Manufacturing Startup of the Year- Kantanka Automobile
Technology Startup of the Year- Asoriba
Fashion Startup of the Year- Wear Ghana
Agribusiness Startup of the Year- Trotro Tractor
Finance Startup of the Year- Express Pay
Health Startup of the Year- Quik Medical Consult
Arts and Tourism Startup of the Year
Processing Startup of the Year- Doughman Foods
Education Startup of the Year- My Home Teacher
Media Startup of the Year –Creo Concepts
The event also saw the release of the Ghana Startup Club 100 list of most outstanding startups in the country.
Premium Bank, the main sponsor of the event is to assist about 50 startup from the Ghana Startup Club 100 to become world class companies in the next two years.
The Ghana Startup Awards organized by the African Network of Entrepreneurs is aimed at giving startups exposure, recognition and support to enable them become globally competitive.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Only 2% in informal sector pay taxes
- Learn from AirtelTigo merger to save businesses, jobs - Carlos Ahenkorah
- GIPC signs MoU with German-African Business Association
- AGI focuses on 12 economic reforms in 2019
- Uganda deports MTN boss
- Expert cautions BoG as Savings and Loans sector cleanup looms
- How South Africa’s blackouts are crippling businesses
- GOIL shares customised Valentine's Day chocolates with customers
- GCAA sets up task force to investigate allegations of extortion, coercion at KIA
- Ghanaian scientists identify ‘Prekese’ seeds as potent natural fungicide
- Govt’s barcode innovation for fertilizers tackles theft
- Mac Attram to create millionaires with first Business Accelerator Boot Camp
- Oil production in Ghana to double by 2023– Ofori-Atta
- JP Morgan rolls out first US bank-backed cryptocurrency
- GNPC Foundation sees progress in ongoing projects in Western region