The Netherlands Embassy in Accra in partnership with the Ghana Netherlands Business and Culture Council (GNBCC) is organising a two-day education and career fair in June.
Dubbed as the 2017 Dutch Education and Career Fair, it is scheduled to take place at the Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra on June 7- 8, 2017
The fair, to take place between 8.30 am and 3.30 pm each day, is open to the general public and themed “Holland - Ghana, Growing Together”.
Expected audience will include graduates and students of colleges and senior high schools, tertiary and post graduate students, administrators of educational institutions, members of the academic fraternity and other professionals.
The participating Dutch universities are International Institute of Social Studies (ISS), Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS), University of Groningen, Leiden, IHE Delft Institute for Water Education.
The others are Tilburg, PTC+, Wageningen University, MAASTRICHT school of Management and Study Group-Holland International Study Centre.
Also participating in the fair will be Dutch-Ghanaian multinational companies whose executives will be interacting with students and mid-career professionals at a career workshop on how to be successful in the job market.
Dutch Ambassador, Ron Strikker
These companies include IOI Loders Croklaan, Vivo Energy, Kwatson & MaxMart, Ntrakwah &Co, Access Bank, Peoples Pension Trust and SFAN.
Commenting on the fair, Gladys Ofei, a Senior Trade and Information Officer at the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Accra, indicated that “the aim of this fair is to give Ghanaian students and knowledge institutions, the opportunity to interact and tap into the exceptional Dutch higher education and knowledge exchange options.
"The Netherlands is known for its plethora of uniquely diverse study programs and teaching methodologies”.
Admission to the fair is free and registration is currently open on Eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dutch-education-career-fair-2017-tickets-34698370761).
Attendants are expected to come along with a valid student or national identification card (passport, voter identity card, national health insurance card, etc).
Those interested can get more details about the fair can contact The Embassy on Facebook or on Twitter.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Barclays partners Invest In Africa to increase credit facilities for SMEs
- GOIL reduces petrol, diesel prices beginning Friday
- Vodafone excites Broadband Customers with Christmas promo
- GT Bank meets BoG minimum capital requirement
- Turkish trade delegation to visit Ghana
- Investors express interest in Tamale Airport Cargo village project
- Support young entrepreneurs – Kufuor
- Gov’t to sanction state, private entities that fail to enforce TIN requirements
- GUTA boss calls for change in procurement system
- Ghana to raise $750 million through London IPO of minerals fund
- Nigeria raises $2.86 billion in Eurobonds to fund deficit
- Institute of Directors want directors on public, private boards certified
- More intrapreneurs, not more entrepreneurs
- Mr. Accreditation, enough of booklong MBA graduates
- Fidelity Bank increases support for women, youth development