Yaw Amoakohene Baafi, a social scientist and communications specialist has been appointed by President Nana Akufo-Addo as Deputy CEO of the National Lotteries Authority (NLA).
Until November 2015, Mr Baafi was the Director, Co-founder and second majority shareholder of a financial service operator Prestige Capital Limited.
Mr Baafi brings to the NLA a vast experience of large size institutions having managed over 1,000 employees with an annual turnover in excess of GH250 million.
An alumnus of the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and Prempeh College in Kumasi, he is said to have immense exposure within the international business community.
He is currently serving as the international liaison director for a number of international organisations with interests in the country.
A staunch member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), he is married with three children.
His appointment takes immediate effect.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghanaian-Lebanese appointed CEO of MTN Afghanistan
- GUTA confident of possible reduction in import duties
- Tunisia Trade Mission targets Ghana as strategic point of investment
- Tullow raises 2019 oil output forecast
- The gov't that did not see ¢30bn unreported gold leave Ghana
- Unilever Ghana unveils new manufacturing plants in Tema
- Global debt hits $244 trillion
- VW, Ford team up on trucks, eye deals on EVs, self-driving cars
- Databank denies dealing in gold
- No IPO after 4G acquisition – Vodafone CEO announces
- Ghana to leverage Chinese online retail platforms to market cocoa products
- Days of public finance disarray are over – Akufo-Addo
- Zimbabwe to introduce new currency due to dollar shortage
- UK car insurance premiums fall six percent in 2018 - Survey
- It’s like a bet - Man confesses love for Ponzi schemes