Yaw Amoakohene Baafi, a social scientist and communications specialist has been appointed by President Nana Akufo-Addo as Deputy CEO of the National Lotteries Authority (NLA).
Until November 2015, Mr Baafi was the Director, Co-founder and second majority shareholder of a financial service operator Prestige Capital Limited.
Mr Baafi brings to the NLA a vast experience of large size institutions having managed over 1,000 employees with an annual turnover in excess of GH250 million.
An alumnus of the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and Prempeh College in Kumasi, he is said to have immense exposure within the international business community.
He is currently serving as the international liaison director for a number of international organisations with interests in the country.
A staunch member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), he is married with three children.
His appointment takes immediate effect.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Inlaks, Moven Enterprise partner to provide innovative financial solutions
- Gov't commended for launch of procurement Ethics and Standards Committee
- Cedi depreciation: Akufo-Addo blames taste for imported goods
- AirtelTigo offers industry’s first: data that doesn’t expire
- Govt secures record bids for its Eurobond
- Turkish gov’t to scale up investment to $1b with special interest in Agric, Tourism
- Vodafone Ghana launches 4G services
- Nestle Ghana achieves 12.8% volume growth in 2018
- MTN launches 8th edition of Twin City Fest
- Time to invest in Africa is now – Bawumia woos investors
- Boeing expects 737 Max software fix by end of March
- Gov't expresses confidence in insurance recapitalisation process
- Accra Mall to introduce Family Club
- Eurobond pricing expected on Tuesday as Ofori-Atta ends London Roadshow
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme