Yaw Amoakohene Baafi, a social scientist and communications specialist has been appointed by President Nana Akufo-Addo as Deputy CEO of the National Lotteries Authority (NLA).
Until November 2015, Mr Baafi was the Director, Co-founder and second majority shareholder of a financial service operator Prestige Capital Limited.
Mr Baafi brings to the NLA a vast experience of large size institutions having managed over 1,000 employees with an annual turnover in excess of GH250 million.
An alumnus of the University of Cape Coast (UCC) and Prempeh College in Kumasi, he is said to have immense exposure within the international business community.
He is currently serving as the international liaison director for a number of international organisations with interests in the country.
A staunch member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), he is married with three children.
His appointment takes immediate effect.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Africa Investment Forum exceeds expectations, participants unanimously agree
- GRA imposes customs duty, taxes on duty-free shops effective December 1
- Why Ghana needs a national airline
- Porsche launches third generation Cayenne in Accra
- SoftBank wants to raise $21 billion in one of world's biggest IPOs
- CaB Royale partners KsTU for Autodesk technology, training
- Gold Coast pays 3,000 structured finance customers
- Alibaba Singles Day sales frenzy surpasses records
- If you want to save your life, eat locally-produced poultry
- Africa agribusiness, a $1 trillion business by 2030
- Chemico Ltd introduces new insecticides to fight fall armyworms
- Capitalisation needless if cedi continues to depreciate—Dr. Atuahene
- Introduce agriculture insurance for rice farmers – stakeholders
- Gov’t to broaden tax net, rope in more people
- KMA to upgrade facilities at Rattray Park