GCB Bank Limited posted a significantly improved bottom line with a net profit of ¢323.13 million for the year ended 2018.
This translates into growth of ¢110.42 million over the ¢212.72 million recorded in the 2017 financial year.
Top line growth was appreciable despite instability in the banking industry with 2018 recording ¢1,260 million as total income compared to ¢1,113 million recorded in 2017.
The Bank further took the lead in mobilizing ¢1,379 million to end the year with ¢8,335 million in deposits.
GCB also chronicled total assets of ¢10,635 million making it the Bank with the largest asset base in Ghana.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs
- Alliance Motors launches 2019 Range Rover Evoque
- Mid-year review, Supplementary Budget to be presented July 22
- Ghana, Ivory Coast lift ban on cocoa sales
- GIFEC, GSMA, Vodafone to connect rural communities to internet
- Take Pension Serious – NBC Ghana Trust boss charges Ghanaians
- ABL ends Retailer Development Program
- Aker Energy’s IPO may be in late 2019 or 2020 - CEO
- StarLife CEO named among Female Trailblazers in African insurance industry
- Eni, UNIDO partner to help reach SDGs with pioneering public-private cooperation