AngloGold Ashanti (AGA) has donated an undisclosed amount from its second Thanksgiving service to support the Research Utilization School for the deaf.
The proceed was used to purchase items ranging from bags of rice, cooking oils, toiletries, detergents, biscuits, drinks, among others.
The team representing the Sustainability function on Monday, April 1, was led by the Public Relations and Communications Officer for AngloGold Ashanti, Patience Quaye who said that the gesture was part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) motivated by one of its operational values.
This she explained, is to ensure that there is improvement in the standard of living of people in communities where AGA operates.
Receiving the items on behalf of the children, the proprietress of the school, madam Genevive Basigha celebrated the management of Anglo Gold Ashanti for the donation saying it was not the first time the company was doing such a thing to support the school, hence was grateful for their continued support.
She, however, appealed to well-wishers to help with teaching and learning materials, toiletries, food items, as well as complete their classrooms and dormitories.
On his part, the head teacher, Mr. Agyemang Prempeh said the students go through the school from kindergarten to class six after which they are transferred to Bechem, Cape Coast or the Akwapim School for the deaf to continue.
The Research Utilization School for the deaf has 37 children, of which 14 are girls and 13 boys with most from Kumasi and few from Obuasi.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition
- Former staff of Heritage Bank accuse Receiver of cheating them on exit package