Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II has admonished telecommunication giant, MTN Ghana to work hard to maintain the successes it has chalked as a company.
While commending the company for its consistency in delivering services to the Ghanaian populace, the Asante monarch urged management to continue assisting socio-economic development in the country.
The Asantehene made the remarks at the Manhyia Palace when some executives of the company led by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) paid a courtesy on him and also to fulfil its promise of supporting the King’s 20th Anniversary.
The company during the gesture presented a cheque of ¢100,000 and a hamper worth ¢5,000 towards the celebrations.
Otumfuo Osei Tutu II commended the company for its partnership with the Manhyia Palace and the projects it has executed in the Ashanti Region.
Speaking after the presentation, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MTN-Ghana, Selorm Adadevoh said the company chose to partner and support the celebration following the immense contribution the Asantehene made towards the development of the Asante kingdom and Ghana as a whole.
He said the company will also participate in other activities during the anniversary as it is working with the planning committee throughout the celebrations.
“First of all, our brand message is ‘Everywhere you go’, so we want to be present everywhere in a significant way and also, Otumfuo and the Asante Kingdom are the preeminent kingdoms in the country, so this is a very important mission for us. We have to be part of this, we have to support the Asantehene and all the work that he is doing”, he said
He added that the company is supporting the Asante Kotoko Football Club and also helping to renovate the team’s training pitch as part of its commitment to give back to the people of the Ashanti Region and support the Kingdom.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Shoe giants urge Trump to end trade war
- Asky Airlines makes most of technology to deliver enhanced services
- What African central bankers may decide in the Next 2 weeks
- British Steel on verge of administration
- Photos/Video: Drainage systems at new Terminal 3 to be reconstructed after flood
- MTN Ghana to build 24 new 2G/3G sites, 39 new 4G/4G+ sites in the Western region
- Gov't has solved problem of basic financial inclusion – Bawumia
- Dangote named among greatest leaders on earth
- Huawei takes trade war into uncharted territory
- ENGIE to operate, maintain one of the largest data centers in West Africa
- Cultivation of 200-acre avocado plantation begins in Abuakwa under 1D1F
- Gov't commissions $2.3m-electrification project in Eastern Region
- Phase 2 of Ghana Gas-WAPCO interconnectivity nears completion
- Data privacy serious concern for advertisers – IAA World President
- Govt, EU hold forum to boost investments, jobs in Ghana