President Nana Akufo-Addo says he is determined to lay a strong foundation for the progress of the country by the end of his first term.
Addressing Parliament on Thursday, February 21 on his third State of the Nation address, the President said his administration’s focus is not about winning the next election but rather, for the generation unborn.
He said, “I am bent on running a responsible administration mindful of the next generation and not the next election.”
On the economy, President Akufo-Addo acknowledged that the government’s efforts at ensuring fiscal discipline “is bearing some fruits.”
The debt to GDP ratio he noted, has declined while inflation has also dropped.
“We will maintain the discipline and bring progress to our country,” he assured, indicating that the government’s main focus is to ensure a sound economic fundamental to speed up growth.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Frimps Oil denies 'cheating' customers
- Leveraging technology for improved living – Jumia shows the way
- AfDB showcases impact of Korean drone technology on agricultural productivity
- Firmus Advisory holds stakeholder engagement for regulatory agencies
- VIDEO: Savings and Loans sector cleanup: To panic or not to panic
- We’re still in business – ECG boss
- Disease lowers Ghanaian cocoa output, processors must import – Sources
- Gov’t commits to funding environment-friendly houses
- No foreign participation in Ghana's ESLA bond - BoG
- Huawei Ghana allays fears about brand future: unveils new Y9 Prime 2019
- Agric ministry triggers interventions to contain reemerging Fall Army Worms
- MTN urges young entrepreneurs to embrace digital marketing
- Trade Minister urges European businesses to establish presence in Ghana
- Dubai Chamber to host 5th Global Business Forum on Africa
- Africa sees increase in foreign investment, bucking global trend