President Nana Akufo-Addo says he is determined to lay a strong foundation for the progress of the country by the end of his first term.
Addressing Parliament on Thursday, February 21 on his third State of the Nation address, the President said his administration’s focus is not about winning the next election but rather, for the generation unborn.
He said, “I am bent on running a responsible administration mindful of the next generation and not the next election.”
On the economy, President Akufo-Addo acknowledged that the government’s efforts at ensuring fiscal discipline “is bearing some fruits.”
The debt to GDP ratio he noted, has declined while inflation has also dropped.
“We will maintain the discipline and bring progress to our country,” he assured, indicating that the government’s main focus is to ensure a sound economic fundamental to speed up growth.
Watch the video below:
More Business Headlines
- Photos: Patrons get results at 2nd JoyNews Habitat Mini Fair
- A $1.6 billion horror as Ghana investors can’t get their savings
- No 100% assurance to depositors with axed Savings and Loans companies
- Nigerian gov't ordered to pay $9bn to private gas firm
- Full List of licensed Savings and Loans companies as at August 16
- Detailed reasons behind BoG closure of Ideal, Women's Bank, Midland, and 18 others
- Book to compliment Africa's efforts to meet economic, cultural needs to be launched
- GN Savings is not only solvent but would be highly liquid if... - Nduom reacts
- Eric Nipah appointed Receiver for insolvent Savings and Loans companies
- Why GN Savings and Loans Company Ltd was closed down
- StanChart cleans up, donates to Accra Rehabilitation Center
- Luv FM's maiden Corporate Groove Flavour hits Kumasi
- South Africa debt 'becoming uncomfortable', but no bailout requested – IMF
- GN Savings and Loans, 22 others closed down
- AWA, ASKY, Ethiopian Airlines partner to bring seamless travel to Ghanaians