Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd has opened its third solar-powered station in Kumasi as part of its commitment to developing solar energy through cutting-edge technology.
The Total Mile 4 service station which is also the very first of its kind in the Ashanti Region, has 50 solar panel installation with about 16.35 kWp of power production.
This service station is an ultramodern one with a convenient shop, forecourt and a lube bay for efficient vehicle servicing.
Speaking on the project, the Managing Director of Total Ghana, Eric Fanchini said that the installation of the solar system is expected to contribute to the reduction of the site’s carbon footprint.
Since the company inaugurated the Tema Main Harbour solar service station in July 2018 and the second solar station at Takoradi Airport Junction service station in November 2018, it has been able to save up on electricity cost, harnessing the potential of solar energy.
The three solar-powered stations were constructed and maintained by local engineers and solar experts.
The company believes that the way to consolidate its social operating license is to share expertise with the local skilled force and to listen to stakeholders.
“As a responsible industrial player, Total Petroleum Ghana takes action to develop new energies that are efficient and environmentally friendly.” This, Mr Fanchini said is equally central to the modernization of our service stations to bring convenience and quality products and services to customers.
In addition to the solar station, the company introduced solar kiosks to selected service stations in 2018 to provide easy access to phone charging and wifi connection.
The company started the wave of renewable energy in 2015 with the introduction of 100% solar lamps which are accessible at all Total service station shops nationwide.
Total Petroleum Ghana, which was adjudged Brand of the Year at the Ghana Energy Awards, will continue to show its leadership strength in investing and improving the standard of its stations for the benefits of customers and the general public.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is a locally listed oil marketing company with over 4700 Ghanaian shareholders.
The company has a retail network of 251 service stations across the ten regions of the country with activities spanning the Aviation, Bitumen and Mining businesses.
The company provides expertise on engine performance and reduction in fuel consumption through premium quality fuels, lubricants and car care products.
Total Petroleum Ghana Limited is ISO 9001:2015 certified and its respect for quality, standards, achievements and safety has propelled it to the forefront of the Ghanaian Petroleum Industry.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Fidelity Bank offers ‘unique customer experience on mobile app’
- Yolanda Cuba joins MTN as Group Chief of Digital & Fintech
- 2019 MOBEX Africa Tech Expo & Innovation Awards launched in Accra
- Induction of Insurance Professionals in Ghana - What to expect?
- Ecobank, Partners provide financial support to 16 medical students
- Johannesburg tops Women Entrepreneur Cities Index
- Ghana still high-risk debt of distress country - IMF/World Bank
- Cowbell to construct 20 boreholes to mark 20th anniversary
- Nestle introduces a new kind of chocolate
- Prove your ability to keep debt at sustainable levels - Terkper challenges gov’t
- IMF boss Largade resigns
- PDS urged to use data analytics to improve customer satisfaction
- Businesses urged to respond, deal with issues of sexual harassment
- Land litigations and insurance
- Govt, AGI others urged to raise $5b for AfCFTA