The executive council meeting of the Federation of African Engineering Organisations (FAEO) is currently underway in Tunis, Tunisia, on the sidelines of the International Conference on Engineering and Food Security in Africa.
The conference is being held under the auspices of the Order of Engineers Tunisia in collaboration with the World Federation of Engineering Organisations (WFEO) from June 24 to 26.
Notable Engineers such as Ing Carlien Bou Chedid President Elect FAEO, Ing. Leslie Alex Ayeh President GhIE, Ing. Kwabena Agyei Agyepong Executive Director West African Federation of Engineering Organisations (WAFEO) and Ing. Dr Kwame Boakye Past President of the Ghana Institution of Engineers (GhIE) are present at the conference.
The delegation returns on Friday.
The conference will be focusing particularly on SDG 2 - Zero Hunger and SDG 12 - Sustainable Consumption And Production.
The conference will highlight the role of Engineers in ensuring food security and food safety on the continent.
The conference will also provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge, innovative ideas, experiences evaluate case studies of engineers, scientists and policy makers and civil society organisations working in this field.
The conference is also expected to conclude with a Declaration on "Food Security as viewed by Engineers".
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs