The Chief Executive Officer of telecom giant MTN Ghana,Selorm Adadevoh, has charged the youth to see problems as an avenue for opportunities and not bottleneck to their success.
According to him, the youth are exposed to several opportunities but only a few see them. “If we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change,” the MTN boss stressed.
Mr. Selorm Adadevoh made the comment while speaking on Life Improvement at the Global Convocation of the 2019 Springboard Road Show held in Accra.
He said life is about opportunity versus opportunism, explaining that opportunity was what was available to someone and opportunism was how one took advantage of the opportunity to achieve something positive.
He advised that, “nothing in life happens by chance and the more you prepare and chase your dreams, the more your reach your destiny”.
Using his life as an example, the MTN Ghana CEO said he believed in values such as respect, integrity and humility as they were key components to raise people higher.
Mr. Adadevoh underscored the need for the youth to also explore the digital space in order to remain relevant in the future of work.
MTN Ghana Foundation, the corporate social investment wing of Ghana’s biggest mobile network provider has for the past 11 years been a backbone to Legacy and Legacy’s Springboard Roadshow.
This 2019 Springboard Road Show which was themed: “The Digital Revolution: Implications for the Job Market”, implored the youth to embrace technology in order not to be left out of the digital revolution.
A special addition to this year’s edition of the road show is the ‘Talent Expose’ which is opened to talented Ghanaians between ages 18-35.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire resume sale of cocoa beans
- UBA unveils marketing platform for entrepreneurs
- BoG keeps policy rate at 16%
- Electric car models to triple in Europe by 2021
- Boeing to take $4.9bn hit in second quarter on 737 Max grounding
- Ghana's debt now GHS200 billion
- Gov’t urged to formulate new tax compliance rules for increased revenue
- Vodafone talks private sector relevance in SDGs at UN Forum
- Nelson Mandela Day: Barclays, ALU scholars pay courtesy call on SA High Commissioner
- Insurance industry could wield more money than banks – Rev Okosun
- Engage NIC to avoid casualties - CIIG
- Kingdom Exim Ghana, CEO awarded at Ghana Shippers Award 2019
- Enforce laws barring foreigners from retail trade - Majority Leader to agencies
- GTBank, Ria partner Zeepay to launch Ria2Mobile money transfer service
- AirtelTigo mentors 40 young aspiring entrepreneurs