Ghana’s Port and Maritime industry has made history following the appointment of Mrs Sandra Opoku as Director of Ports for the Tema Harbour under the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
The appointment by President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Monday 4, 2019 will go down in history as the first time a female has been appointed to occupy that sensitive position.
Until her appointment, Sandra Opoku was the General Manager of the in-charge of Legal Affairs of Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
She now becomes the acting Director of The Port of Tema, Ghana's largest commercial Port.
Mrs. Opoku was employed as a lawyer for the state-run organisation in 2003.
Barely a year later she was admitted into the International Maritime Law Institute in Malta in 2004 and graduating with Masters in International Maritime Law.
Prior to serving as General Manager of Legal Affairs of GPHA, she held positions including GPHA’s General Manager in-charge of Administration, Legal Manager and Board Secretary of the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Frimps Oil denies 'cheating' customers
- Leveraging technology for improved living – Jumia shows the way
- AfDB showcases impact of Korean drone technology on agricultural productivity
- Firmus Advisory holds stakeholder engagement for regulatory agencies
- VIDEO: Savings and Loans sector cleanup: To panic or not to panic
- We’re still in business – ECG boss
- Disease lowers Ghanaian cocoa output, processors must import – Sources
- Gov’t commits to funding environment-friendly houses
- No foreign participation in Ghana's ESLA bond - BoG
- Huawei Ghana allays fears about brand future: unveils new Y9 Prime 2019
- Agric ministry triggers interventions to contain reemerging Fall Army Worms
- MTN urges young entrepreneurs to embrace digital marketing
- Trade Minister urges European businesses to establish presence in Ghana
- Dubai Chamber to host 5th Global Business Forum on Africa
- Africa sees increase in foreign investment, bucking global trend