The newly constituted interim Ghana Music Right Organization (GHAMRO) board has elected Nana Aboagye DaCosta as Chairman.
The election came off at the Board's first meeting Tuesday, July 29, 2014.
The Human Rights Court, presided over by Justice Essel Mensah, on July 11 ordered the board of GHAMRO to step aside.
The Court made the ruling following an action by legendary musician Nana Kwame Ampadu and the 99 musicians, composers, song writers, music producers and music rights owners accusing Carlos Sakyi, Chairman of GHAMRO, of embezzling funds collected on behalf of music rights owners in Ghana.
The 12-member GHAMRO board also includes, Kojo Antwi, John Mensah Sarpong, Akwesi Agyepong, Ahmed Banda (Bandex), Bice Osei Kuffour (Obour), Daniel Adjei (Dan Ray), Abebe Kakraba, and Mary Ghansah
The Human Rights Court after deliberations ruled that a new interim board, made up of Enoch Agyepong (a publisher), Nana Aboagye Dacosta (composer), and (Kwame Nsiah Apau - Okyeame Kwame (performer), Ms Dorothy Habadah (State Attorney/Representative of the Copyright Office), and Kow Sessah Acquaye (State Attorney/ Representative from the Attorney General’s Department) should take over.
The board will operate for six months to ensure that structures are put in place for proper elections to be conducted to elect a permanent board for GHAMRO.
A statement released by the board, copied Myjoyonline.com, and signed by Okyeame Kwame, Public Relations Officer (PRO) said Nana Aboagye Da Costa will chair the board for the six months that it will operate.
“After its initial meeting on Tuesday the 29th of July, 2014, Nana Aboagye Da Costa was elected Chairman, Ms. Dorothy Habadah as Secretary and Kwame Nsiah-Appau (Okyeame Kwame) as the Public Relation Officer with the rest as members,” the statement said.
The statement added that further details of the first meeting and other related matters will be made public in a press conference scheduled for August this year.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news