A funeral was held Friday at the forecourt of the State House for the late fashion designer Kofi Ansah who died on Saturday, May 3 at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
The funeral was attended by several personalities including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Becca, Efya, and Akorfa Ejeani.
The funeral also witnessed some performances from Gyedu-Blay Ambolley and Akosua Agyapong. Some models also modelled at the funeral in his honour.
The body of Kofi Ansah, who died at age 62, will be cremated.
The Man Kofi Ansah:
Winner of the prestigious Ghana Quality Awards Diamond Division October 2003, for clothing and textile with ARTDRESS LTD.
Kofi Ansah through his company was the winner of the prestigious Millennium 2000 African Fashion Awards. He also designed the Anniversary fabric for the Ghana @ 50 Golden Jubilee Celebration.
Kofi Ansah also designed the costumes for the opening and closing ceremony of the CAN 2008 African Cup of Nations which was staged in Ghana to an international acclaim .
Kofi Ansah was a renowned innovative and creative fashion designer. He was credited with the changing face of the Ghanaian fashion landscape and a leader in the field of African Fashion Design. He was a founding member, as well as a past president of the Federation of African Designers.
Kofi Ansah until his sudden death run Artdress, a design and creative concept company through which he developed the art of clothing design, concept collections, and consultancy to develop products and company promotions, and the marketing of their products through fashion shows.
His company has been the fashion consultant to G.T.P. now the leading textile company in the country since 1995.
Kofi Ansah believed he inherited his creative talents from his parents. His father who was a creator, photographer, classical musician, encouraged him to pursue his interest in art and design.
He studied fashion design at the Chelsea School of Art in London and graduated with 1st class honours in fashion design and distinction in design technology.
His distinct eye for detail and individuality with fabrics and color afforded him recognition as a couture designer. The unique use of quilting, embroidery and appliqués are the design signature of Kofi Ansah.
His fashion designs were soon seen in the retail shops and boutiques of London. His fashions also appeared in many retail stores and boutiques in the U.S. including Saks Fifth Avenue.
Kofi’s distinct elegant designs, though western styled, were never without the emphasis of his native homeland of Ghana.
He returned to Ghana inspired to blend the richly textured and boldly colored fabrics into fashion collections that have met a strong customer following in both Ghana and abroad.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case