A funeral was held Friday at the forecourt of the State House for the late fashion designer Kofi Ansah who died on Saturday, May 3 at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
The funeral was attended by several personalities including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Becca, Efya, and Akorfa Ejeani.
The funeral also witnessed some performances from Gyedu-Blay Ambolley and Akosua Agyapong. Some models also modelled at the funeral in his honour.
The body of Kofi Ansah, who died at age 62, will be cremated.
The Man Kofi Ansah:
Winner of the prestigious Ghana Quality Awards Diamond Division October 2003, for clothing and textile with ARTDRESS LTD.
Kofi Ansah through his company was the winner of the prestigious Millennium 2000 African Fashion Awards. He also designed the Anniversary fabric for the Ghana @ 50 Golden Jubilee Celebration.
Kofi Ansah also designed the costumes for the opening and closing ceremony of the CAN 2008 African Cup of Nations which was staged in Ghana to an international acclaim .
Kofi Ansah was a renowned innovative and creative fashion designer. He was credited with the changing face of the Ghanaian fashion landscape and a leader in the field of African Fashion Design. He was a founding member, as well as a past president of the Federation of African Designers.
Kofi Ansah until his sudden death run Artdress, a design and creative concept company through which he developed the art of clothing design, concept collections, and consultancy to develop products and company promotions, and the marketing of their products through fashion shows.
His company has been the fashion consultant to G.T.P. now the leading textile company in the country since 1995.
Kofi Ansah believed he inherited his creative talents from his parents. His father who was a creator, photographer, classical musician, encouraged him to pursue his interest in art and design.
He studied fashion design at the Chelsea School of Art in London and graduated with 1st class honours in fashion design and distinction in design technology.
His distinct eye for detail and individuality with fabrics and color afforded him recognition as a couture designer. The unique use of quilting, embroidery and appliqués are the design signature of Kofi Ansah.
His fashion designs were soon seen in the retail shops and boutiques of London. His fashions also appeared in many retail stores and boutiques in the U.S. including Saks Fifth Avenue.
Kofi’s distinct elegant designs, though western styled, were never without the emphasis of his native homeland of Ghana.
He returned to Ghana inspired to blend the richly textured and boldly colored fabrics into fashion collections that have met a strong customer following in both Ghana and abroad.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah