A funeral was held Friday at the forecourt of the State House for the late fashion designer Kofi Ansah who died on Saturday, May 3 at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
The funeral was attended by several personalities including Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Becca, Efya, and Akorfa Ejeani.
The funeral also witnessed some performances from Gyedu-Blay Ambolley and Akosua Agyapong. Some models also modelled at the funeral in his honour.
The body of Kofi Ansah, who died at age 62, will be cremated.
The Man Kofi Ansah:
Winner of the prestigious Ghana Quality Awards Diamond Division October 2003, for clothing and textile with ARTDRESS LTD.
Kofi Ansah through his company was the winner of the prestigious Millennium 2000 African Fashion Awards. He also designed the Anniversary fabric for the Ghana @ 50 Golden Jubilee Celebration.
Kofi Ansah also designed the costumes for the opening and closing ceremony of the CAN 2008 African Cup of Nations which was staged in Ghana to an international acclaim .
Kofi Ansah was a renowned innovative and creative fashion designer. He was credited with the changing face of the Ghanaian fashion landscape and a leader in the field of African Fashion Design. He was a founding member, as well as a past president of the Federation of African Designers.
Kofi Ansah until his sudden death run Artdress, a design and creative concept company through which he developed the art of clothing design, concept collections, and consultancy to develop products and company promotions, and the marketing of their products through fashion shows.
His company has been the fashion consultant to G.T.P. now the leading textile company in the country since 1995.
Kofi Ansah believed he inherited his creative talents from his parents. His father who was a creator, photographer, classical musician, encouraged him to pursue his interest in art and design.
He studied fashion design at the Chelsea School of Art in London and graduated with 1st class honours in fashion design and distinction in design technology.
His distinct eye for detail and individuality with fabrics and color afforded him recognition as a couture designer. The unique use of quilting, embroidery and appliqués are the design signature of Kofi Ansah.
His fashion designs were soon seen in the retail shops and boutiques of London. His fashions also appeared in many retail stores and boutiques in the U.S. including Saks Fifth Avenue.
Kofi’s distinct elegant designs, though western styled, were never without the emphasis of his native homeland of Ghana.
He returned to Ghana inspired to blend the richly textured and boldly colored fabrics into fashion collections that have met a strong customer following in both Ghana and abroad.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news