Nora Bannerman, a fashion designer and close friend of the late Kofi Ansah, who passed away Saturday morning, has described his death as a big blow to the fashion industry.
Kofi Ansah, who was one of Ghana's few designers to have gained international recognition died Saturday morning at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
Reports suggest he died after a possible case of food poisoning. There has not yet been any official reason for the cause of death.
Reacting to the news of his death, Nora Bannerman told Joy News she is distraught.
"I'm yet to come to terms with it. It's very shocking because I've always known Kofi as somebody who is very particular about his health like most designers we are very concerned about our health, inner and outer health so it's very shocking," she said.
Recounting her fond memories of the late designer, she said: "I remember when he first came to Ghana from the UK, he came by my workshop at the time I had a smaller studio and we talked about quite a lot very ideas; what we could do with the Ghanaian print...
"and then we were selected to represent Ghana in Europe so we did international shows in Paris and Düsseldorf. We were on runways with the top designers in Europe. We had big plans for Africa."
After successful shows on the international stage, they thought of bringing buyers to Africa so they considered having similar shows in Africa "so we could attract the buyers come our way."
Nora Bannerman noted Kofi Ansah was special and his death will be a big blow to Ghana and the fashion industry,
He was 62.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway