The weekend was packed with events but one that wowed many was the second edition of rapper Okyeame Kwame’s Versatile Show at the National Theatre.
With the show bouncing back after a year’s break, a lot was expected as Okyeame Kwame was faced with the daunting tasked of proving to many that the success chalked by the first edition two years ago was not by luck.
After weeks of intensive rehearsals and with the backing of a 70-man cast, Okyeame Kwame, born Kwame Nsiah Appau took to the stage to prove to many that apart from his music/rap prowess, his acting skills are also on point.
Apart from Okyeame Kwame, other stars who mounted the stage included, Adjetey Anang, Ecow Smith Asante, Wanlov the Kubolor, Benjamin Kwadey, Adina, Samini, Keche, and Praye Eugene (Choir Master).
Okyeame Kwame played the role of an ‘Ambitious Pimp’, Ekow Smith-Asante played the role of a Deceptive Politician, while Adjetey Annan played the role the Professor.
Titled ‘The Beggars’, this year’s show fused music, poetry, multimedia and comedy to produce an exciting product that held many spellbound throughout the stage play.
It was a satiric play about the Ghanaian society and it dramatised how the African society is over dependent on the West for grants and loans but still turns around to disrespect beggars for practicing their trade confidently.
The production was well woven and with impressive choreography from the Noyam Dance Institute, the hundreds of patrons who packed the National Theatre to near-capacity, took their time sip every bit of excitement the show had to offer.
Okyeame Kwame laced his stage craft with intermittent performances of some of his well-known tunes such as Woara, Sika, Faithful, and Mesan Aba. Patrons also enjoyed performances from Samini and Keche.
Patrons left the venue satisfied as they got their money’s worth.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert
- Nominees for 2019 Africa Gospel Awards unveiled
- Game of Thrones: final season premiere date revealed
- I'm not disturbed about Menzgold saga - Joyce Blessing
- Fela would have been president of Nigeria if alive – Son
- Video: People thought I was jealous when I advised them not to invest in Menzgold – Prince David
- R. Kelly’s career is finally crashing down...Here’s how it happened
- Presby Minister launches 2 new books
- Shaker and I created a beautiful love song – NanaYaa talks about new jam