Controversial Ghanaian rapper, Kwaw Kese, who was tried for narcotic offences has been sentenced to day's imprisonment.
He will also pay a fine of GHc1,200.
A Kumasi High Court gave the ruling Thursday after a number of adjournments, following the rapper's arrest by police in Kumasi on November 22, 2014.
The controversial rapper was arrested for allegedly smoking cannabis in public and was remanded into prison after making an appearance in court.
He was whisked away into a police van and sent to the Kumasi Central Prison which served as his new home until he was granted bail on December 30 on health grounds.
The court, presided over by Judge William Boampong granted him 80,000 Ghana cedis bail with one surety to be justified.
After the bail, Kwao Kese popularly called 'Abodam' has been playing advocacy roles in the call for decongesting the country's prisons and also to improve conditions over there.
On Thursday April 23 however the court finally reached a verdict. Judge William Boampong sentenced "Abodam" to a day's imprisonment and a fine of 1,200.
Should he default in paying the fine, "Abodam" will go to prison for three years with hard labour.
Myjoyonline.com sources say the rapper and his managers have already paid the fine and the rapper is currently serving his prison sentence.
Friday morning, Kwaw Kesse will be a free man.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert