Controversial Ghanaian rapper, Kwaw Kese, who was tried for narcotic offences has been sentenced to day's imprisonment.
He will also pay a fine of GHc1,200.
A Kumasi High Court gave the ruling Thursday after a number of adjournments, following the rapper's arrest by police in Kumasi on November 22, 2014.
The controversial rapper was arrested for allegedly smoking cannabis in public and was remanded into prison after making an appearance in court.
He was whisked away into a police van and sent to the Kumasi Central Prison which served as his new home until he was granted bail on December 30 on health grounds.
The court, presided over by Judge William Boampong granted him 80,000 Ghana cedis bail with one surety to be justified.
After the bail, Kwao Kese popularly called 'Abodam' has been playing advocacy roles in the call for decongesting the country's prisons and also to improve conditions over there.
On Thursday April 23 however the court finally reached a verdict. Judge William Boampong sentenced "Abodam" to a day's imprisonment and a fine of 1,200.
Should he default in paying the fine, "Abodam" will go to prison for three years with hard labour.
Myjoyonline.com sources say the rapper and his managers have already paid the fine and the rapper is currently serving his prison sentence.
Friday morning, Kwaw Kesse will be a free man.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live
- Video: I took injections to bleach my skin for movie roles in Nigeria – Actress
- I do the dishes at home - Adjetey Anang reveals
- Koffi Olomidé guilty of rape of 15-year-old girl
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’