Hiplife singer Belinda Ekua Amoah who was raised up a Christian says she has ditched any belief in Jesus Christ, the center piece of the Christian religion.
In an interview likely to irk Christians, Mzbel who attended Sunday School as a kid, says she has come to this new conclusion after doing her “own research”.
"Trust me I don't believe in that anymore" she insisted. In a deeply religious Ghana community where Christians constitute the majority, the christian rebel's claim is expected to set off a reaction storm.
She said the Jesus narrative is similar to the story of an Egyptian deity, Horus. The significant difference was that Horus predates Jesus.
"I don't want to offend anybody. I used to believe in 'it' but eerrmm, I did my own research and I think 'it' was made up but I might be wrong, but by my own research, it was made up. Because the same story 5000 years ago happened in Egypt..."
“Horus mother was a virgin..He did miracles, he had disciples at the age of 12” she told TV talk show host, Stacy, on Restoration.
She continued that the ‘Messiah’ referred to in the bible made no reference to Jesus Christ.
In an attempt to show her former Christian credentials, she said she could still pray in tongues.
"I used to believe in 'it', I prayed in tongues. I can pray in tongue right now. I actually prayed in my room one time until the room was filled up in smoke...but now trust me, I will not believe in it anymore.”
Give Mzbel the Old Testament anyday and she would take it but not the New Testament.
As far as Mzbel is concerned, Jesus was “made up”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons