Pop star Madonna has confirmed long-standing rumours she briefly dated late rapper Tupac Shakur in the late 1990s.
The ‘Material Girl’ made the confession during an interview with U.S. shock jock Howard Stern on Wednesday, mentioning the romance while discussing an old interview with TV host David Letterman in which she said the word 'f**k' 14 times.
Madonna told Stern, “That's how I flirt with people... One time I was mad at him when I said the F-word a lot. I was in a weird mood that day. I was dating Tupac Shakur at the time and the thing is he got me all riled up on life in general. So when I went on the show I was feeling very gangster.”
When Stern pressed the singer for more information about her relationship with Shakur, she insisted the gossip had already been made public.
In 2007, an unauthorized biography titled ‘Madonna: Like an Icon’ detailed a rumoured romance between the two music superstars, shortly before the rapper's death in 1996, while last year, Rosie Perez revealed she first introduced the pair during the 1993 Soul Train Music Awards.
Perez recruited her good friend Shakur to be her date, and he only agreed on the condition that the actress would set him up with Madonna.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards