The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Police Service is investigating rapper Sarkodie for trying to register a stolen vehicle.
The rapper was picked up by the police when he went to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) in Accra to register an Infiniti car they said had been reported stolen.
ASP Joseph Obinifo Darkwah, Public Relations Officer of the CID, who confirmed the arrest to Myjoyonline.com, said the rapper has been granted bail and is assisting the police with investigations.
“We invited him [Sarkodie] to the CID Headquarters involving a case in which he was a party to so he came with his lawyer yesterday [Wednesday] and he has been granted bail,” the CID PRO said.
Giving the facts of the arrest, ASP Darkwah explained that, “We are investigating a case in which an unregistered vehicle was sent to the licensing office to be registered by Sarkodie but police have been looking for this vehicle for some time now.”
The rapper, the police added, went to the licensing office earlier this week to register the car, an Infiniti saloon car.
ASP Darkwah said the police is still investigating the matter and will give more details later.
Follow me on Twitter: @delaXdela and Instagram: citizendela
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t