Veteran Ghanaian gospel musician Comfort Annor has died Sunday, February 22.
The singer, who thrilled Ghanaians with great gospel songs in the 90s, had been on admission at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for some time now until her death.
The Welfare Officer of the Ashanti regional branch of the Musician Union of Ghana (MUSIGHA), Reverend Talented confirmed this to Adom News.
Although the cause of death is unknown, Comfort had disclosed in an interview on Peace FM about a week ago that she had almost lost her liver and one of her kidneys.
According to her, since October 2014, she spent virtually all she had on hospital bills and medication in several hospitals in the US and in Ghana.
She narrated that she was only told a few days ago by doctors that her liver and one of her kidneys have become enlarged and had to undergo a number of surgeries to correct the defect but lacked the necessary funds.
“I have been very sick since October 2014, I have been to virtually every place seeking a solution to this disease…, I feel severe pains in my stomach, I can’t eat and I can’t sleep at night. I have spent all my money (seeking treatment) but I am still not getting better,” Comfort Annor, with a faint voice, told Peace FM.
The musician was known for several hit songs including “Asaase Dahɔ Gyan” and “W’awo Me ɔba”, “Abraham Sarah”, “Mewo Agyapadeɛ”, “Hena Na W’aye” .
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2