Veteran Ghanaian gospel musician Comfort Annor has died Sunday, February 22.
The singer, who thrilled Ghanaians with great gospel songs in the 90s, had been on admission at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for some time now until her death.
The Welfare Officer of the Ashanti regional branch of the Musician Union of Ghana (MUSIGHA), Reverend Talented confirmed this to Adom News.
Although the cause of death is unknown, Comfort had disclosed in an interview on Peace FM about a week ago that she had almost lost her liver and one of her kidneys.
According to her, since October 2014, she spent virtually all she had on hospital bills and medication in several hospitals in the US and in Ghana.
She narrated that she was only told a few days ago by doctors that her liver and one of her kidneys have become enlarged and had to undergo a number of surgeries to correct the defect but lacked the necessary funds.
“I have been very sick since October 2014, I have been to virtually every place seeking a solution to this disease…, I feel severe pains in my stomach, I can’t eat and I can’t sleep at night. I have spent all my money (seeking treatment) but I am still not getting better,” Comfort Annor, with a faint voice, told Peace FM.
The musician was known for several hit songs including “Asaase Dahɔ Gyan” and “W’awo Me ɔba”, “Abraham Sarah”, “Mewo Agyapadeɛ”, “Hena Na W’aye” .
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt