Veteran Ghanaian gospel musician Comfort Annor has died Sunday, February 22.
The singer, who thrilled Ghanaians with great gospel songs in the 90s, had been on admission at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for some time now until her death.
The Welfare Officer of the Ashanti regional branch of the Musician Union of Ghana (MUSIGHA), Reverend Talented confirmed this to Adom News.
Although the cause of death is unknown, Comfort had disclosed in an interview on Peace FM about a week ago that she had almost lost her liver and one of her kidneys.
According to her, since October 2014, she spent virtually all she had on hospital bills and medication in several hospitals in the US and in Ghana.
She narrated that she was only told a few days ago by doctors that her liver and one of her kidneys have become enlarged and had to undergo a number of surgeries to correct the defect but lacked the necessary funds.
“I have been very sick since October 2014, I have been to virtually every place seeking a solution to this disease…, I feel severe pains in my stomach, I can’t eat and I can’t sleep at night. I have spent all my money (seeking treatment) but I am still not getting better,” Comfort Annor, with a faint voice, told Peace FM.
The musician was known for several hit songs including “Asaase Dahɔ Gyan” and “W’awo Me ɔba”, “Abraham Sarah”, “Mewo Agyapadeɛ”, “Hena Na W’aye” .
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme