Ghanaian dancehall artiste Vera Hamenoo–Kpeda, known in showbiz circles as MzVee, has released a theme song for the World Bank's ‘End Extreme Poverty’ campaign.
According to the World Bank, the song titled ‘End Poverty’ could be used as the official song for the campaign.
The World Bank campaign is only one of many important measures aimed at eradicating global extreme poverty by 2030.
MzVee speaking in an exclusive interview with Ibrahim Ben-Bako of Hitz News @ 1 on Hitz FM about the song, said “It means a lot and it’s not just about me, it is the message in that song, it's heavy.”
MzVee believes that she was selected to be a part of this campaign because of her remarkable ability to improve the uniqueness of her brand and the impact she has on society.
“Seeing that I’m an African musician who takes a lot of time to do music about good causes and helping empower girls, it drew their attention to me.”
Sharing her opinion on suggestions by some that poverty cannot be eradicated entirely, the ‘Borkor Borkor’ hit maker said it shouldn’t be a one man’s job.
“Ending poverty is not one man’s job, it is everybody’s work, People are really suffering and it’s something we should look at.”
“There is a first time for everything; we can actually end poverty, it’s just about the mindset,” she added.
As part of promoting such a worthy cause, MzVee says the song which will also be on her second album.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case