Host of ‘Odo Ahomaso’ on Adom FM and Adom TV, Akumaa Mama Zimbi is currently in New York attending the 60th UN Commission on Status of Women.
She is part of a Ghanaian delegation that includes Nana Oye Lithur, Minister for Gender, Children and Social Protection.
The 60th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) #CSW60 is taking place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from March 14 to March 24.
Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are attending the session.
CSW is the principal global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women. It is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Akumaa Mama Zimbi put her unique Ghanaian fashion sense on display at the UN.
See some of her photos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father
- Nigeria election 2019: Wizkid shades APC, PDP, advises Nigerians
- Video/Photos: Cwesi Oteng visits Akufo-Addo, presents special copy of album to him
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home