Veteran Kumawood actor Ebenezer Donkor, popularly known as Katawere, has died.
The actor died Monday morning after battling an undisclosed sickness for the past two years.
Daughter of the actor, Diana Donkor, confirmed the news to Myjoyonline.com.
“It's true [he passed away] this morning. I saw it around 9 a.m but we took him to the hospital at 10:30 a.m and the doctor [from Opoku Ware Hospital] confirmed,” she said.
She explained that “I was waiting for him to wake up [and] take his breakfast but he wasn’t waking up so at 9 a.m I tried waking him up and he wasn’t breathing.
"I’m a nurse myself, I checked him [and] I realised he is no more so I called his doctor and he asked me to bring him for confirmation.”
The body of Katawere has been deposited at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.
The late Mr Donkor, 78, was known for the popular 'Efiewura' television series and has starred in several local movies.
He was survived by six children.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in