Veteran Kumawood actor Ebenezer Donkor, popularly known as Katawere, has died.
The actor died Monday morning after battling an undisclosed sickness for the past two years.
Daughter of the actor, Diana Donkor, confirmed the news to Myjoyonline.com.
“It's true [he passed away] this morning. I saw it around 9 a.m but we took him to the hospital at 10:30 a.m and the doctor [from Opoku Ware Hospital] confirmed,” she said.
She explained that “I was waiting for him to wake up [and] take his breakfast but he wasn’t waking up so at 9 a.m I tried waking him up and he wasn’t breathing.
"I’m a nurse myself, I checked him [and] I realised he is no more so I called his doctor and he asked me to bring him for confirmation.”
The body of Katawere has been deposited at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.
The late Mr Donkor, 78, was known for the popular 'Efiewura' television series and has starred in several local movies.
He was survived by six children.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards