Veteran Kumawood actor Ebenezer Donkor, popularly known as Katawere, has died.
The actor died Monday morning after battling an undisclosed sickness for the past two years.
Daughter of the actor, Diana Donkor, confirmed the news to Myjoyonline.com.
“It's true [he passed away] this morning. I saw it around 9 a.m but we took him to the hospital at 10:30 a.m and the doctor [from Opoku Ware Hospital] confirmed,” she said.
She explained that “I was waiting for him to wake up [and] take his breakfast but he wasn’t waking up so at 9 a.m I tried waking him up and he wasn’t breathing.
"I’m a nurse myself, I checked him [and] I realised he is no more so I called his doctor and he asked me to bring him for confirmation.”
The body of Katawere has been deposited at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital morgue.
The late Mr Donkor, 78, was known for the popular 'Efiewura' television series and has starred in several local movies.
He was survived by six children.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno