Veteran Ghanaian actress, Akua Ataa aka Kyeiwaa, has debunked rumours making the rounds that she has passed on.
Social media platforms especially Facebook was flooded on Saturday with reports that one of Ghana's celebrated actress was dead.
According to the reports, the actress died of an unknown ailment on Friday at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH).
She is said to have given up the ghost days after fighting what was later recognized as poison.
Kyeiwaa, who has featured in over 150 local movies and won numerous awards dismissed the rumours as false and unfounded.
She said she is presently in the United States of America on holidays.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Fuse ODG, Sarkodie, Joey B others to rock at maiden TINA Festival
- ‘Master and the 3 Maids’ successfully launched on Joy Prime
- Season 2 of Apartment 22 premieres on Joy Prime
- Season 3 of Kejetia vs Makola airs this weekend on Joy Prime
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert