Professional Ghanaian Boxer Bukom Banku has confirmed that he is bleaching his skin.
According to the boxer, he is bleaching for Ghana's President, John Manama, to make him Ghana's ambassador to Germany after winning the 2016 general election.
In an interview on Radio Gold’s Home Touch entertainment programme on Thursday, the boxer said "I am bleaching my skin because when John Mahama wins 2016 elections, he will make me Ghana's ambassador to Germany. I am bleaching myself for German people to know that German people and Bukom Banku are one," he said.
Bukom Banku continued: "Bleaching can't affect my skin because I have a very good skin. Again, rashes can't affect me because I am using Cleaning Claire and I am taking medicine as well. So if you see me now, you will observe that I am from Germany. I want Ghanaians to know that I am a German now. I am at Ho right now with the President, John Mahama, at Okudzeto Ablakwa's constituency.
"If I don't bleach they won't give me that position…and if you see me now I look fresh because of President John Mahama," he added.
Bukom Banku's confirmation comes after photos of his bleached skin went viral on social media on Wednesday. Many people criticised him while others wondered if the photos were products of Photoshop.
But the boxer said people should not be concerned about his decision to bleach: "People shouldn't be worried. I am changing my system for a while. I want to tell Ghanaians not to worry about me. I will bleach till August and then stop."
The boxer added that he has put his boxing career on hold in order to campaign for John Mahama's NDC party to retain political power.
He said if the president does not win, he would go back to boxing.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature