Renowned music producer, Appietus after years of chalking successes in the Ghanaian music industry, had set his sights on becoming a full-blown musician.
But the untimely disappearance of hiplife artiste Castro, shattered that dream.
Castro and a female friend, Janet Bandu went missing on July 6, 2014, while cruising on a jet-ski on the Volta Lake at Ada.
They had accompanied Black Stars captain Asamoah Cyan to Ada for holidays there.
A combined search team comprising the Ghana Navy, Marine Police, local fisherfolk and professional lifeguards, have not been able to find the hiplife artiste and his female friend.
Appiah Dankwah, popularly known as Appietus, disclosed in an interview on ‘Behind the Fame’ on Drive Time on Joy FM with Lexis Bill that, he took the difficult decision to halt his music ambition after Castro was declared missing.
“I wanted to,” to do full-time music, “but I just decided to pause it because the first artiste I decided to start with just decided to disappear … Castro,” the producer, famous for the catchphrase ‘Appietus in the mix,’ revealed.
He said, “We actually did ‘Kuntunimu’ and that was the first single and it was all over the place. I was going to go on stage with him and all that…”
Appietus shot a video for the song featuring Castro. The video featured a cameo appearance by Dr Pounds, host of Hitz Gallery on Hitz FM.
According to the producer, renowned for several hit songs, including ‘Azonto Fiesta’, the release of the 'Kuntunimu' song was the first step that would have led to a full-time music career.
‘Kuntunimu’, he stressed, was a “hit”. “It made it to some level,” he added.
“When Castro vanished, I stopped the promo because I didn’t see why [I should continue]. Castro was the one who was going to take me on stage because he had the experience with that,” he concluded.
Watch Appietus' ‘Kuntunimu’ featuring Castro:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t