Prolific rapper Kwame Ametepe Tsikata, known on stage as M.anifest, has been crowned the best rapper in Ghana.
The rapper beat off stiff competition from Flowking Stone, E.L, Meidkal, Yaa Pono (Ponobiom) and Sarkodie to claim the title at the 18th edition of the Ghana Music Awards at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC), Saturday.
M.anifest is winning the award after one of the biggest rap beefs the country has ever witnessed in 2016.
M.anifest, in his ‘godMC’ track, took digs at Sarkodie after he released his ‘Bossy’ song. Sarkodie also quickly replied M.anifest in his ‘Kanta’ track.
He faced off with rapper Sarkodie in beef songs which trended on social media for several weeks generating a lot of public debate.
The rapper takes over from Sarkodie who won the title at the 2016 edition of the awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert
- Nominees for 2019 Africa Gospel Awards unveiled
- Game of Thrones: final season premiere date revealed
- I'm not disturbed about Menzgold saga - Joyce Blessing
- Fela would have been president of Nigeria if alive – Son
- Video: People thought I was jealous when I advised them not to invest in Menzgold – Prince David
- R. Kelly’s career is finally crashing down...Here’s how it happened
- Presby Minister launches 2 new books
- Shaker and I created a beautiful love song – NanaYaa talks about new jam