Prolific rapper Kwame Ametepe Tsikata, known on stage as M.anifest, has been crowned the best rapper in Ghana.
The rapper beat off stiff competition from Flowking Stone, E.L, Meidkal, Yaa Pono (Ponobiom) and Sarkodie to claim the title at the 18th edition of the Ghana Music Awards at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC), Saturday.
M.anifest is winning the award after one of the biggest rap beefs the country has ever witnessed in 2016.
M.anifest, in his ‘godMC’ track, took digs at Sarkodie after he released his ‘Bossy’ song. Sarkodie also quickly replied M.anifest in his ‘Kanta’ track.
He faced off with rapper Sarkodie in beef songs which trended on social media for several weeks generating a lot of public debate.
The rapper takes over from Sarkodie who won the title at the 2016 edition of the awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons