Prolific rapper Kwame Ametepe Tsikata, known on stage as M.anifest, has been crowned the best rapper in Ghana.
The rapper beat off stiff competition from Flowking Stone, E.L, Meidkal, Yaa Pono (Ponobiom) and Sarkodie to claim the title at the 18th edition of the Ghana Music Awards at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC), Saturday.
M.anifest is winning the award after one of the biggest rap beefs the country has ever witnessed in 2016.
M.anifest, in his ‘godMC’ track, took digs at Sarkodie after he released his ‘Bossy’ song. Sarkodie also quickly replied M.anifest in his ‘Kanta’ track.
He faced off with rapper Sarkodie in beef songs which trended on social media for several weeks generating a lot of public debate.
The rapper takes over from Sarkodie who won the title at the 2016 edition of the awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar