Some distinguished women who have blazed the trail when it comes to empowering women while contributing to the socio-economic development of the country are set to be honoured at the second Ghana Women of the Year Honours.
The Honours celebrate the mavericks, the enduring souls, the tenacious sisters, the standard bearers in Ghana.
Just like the maiden edition last year, several activities have been lined up for this year’s three-day event.
This year’s will kick off with the ‘She Summit’ which comes off at the Swiss Spread, Alisa Hotel, North Ridge in Accra from May 11 to May 12.
Speakers at the event will include Madam Charlotte Osei, Chairperson, Electoral Commission (EC); Madam Esther Cobbah of Strategic Communications Africa (Stratcomm Africa); Comfort A. Sakoma, a Business Development Strategist from Nigeria; and Shirley Frimpong-Manso of Sparrow Productions.
Like some people say, “Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back,” the various women at the ‘She Summit’ will give women the needed tools that will aid them to be successful in their endeavours.
On Saturday, May 13, the day will start off at 5:30 am with a walk to amplify Maternal Health Awareness at the Efua Sutherland Children's Park.
The awards gala, where outstanding women will celebrated, will come off at the Banquet Hall, State House later that day.
The Special Guest of Honour for that event is Rebecca AkufoAddo, First Lady of Ghana.
Some of the distinguished women who were honoured at last year’s event included, Grace Amey-Obeng (Excellence in Business), Beatrice Aidoo (Excellence in Media), Grace Nortey (Excellence in Arts), Lucy Quist (Excellence in Corporate Responsibility) and Beatrice Wiafe Addae (Excellence in Health).
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons