Some distinguished women who have blazed the trail when it comes to empowering women while contributing to the socio-economic development of the country are set to be honoured at the second Ghana Women of the Year Honours.
The Honours celebrate the mavericks, the enduring souls, the tenacious sisters, the standard bearers in Ghana.
Just like the maiden edition last year, several activities have been lined up for this year’s three-day event.
This year’s will kick off with the ‘She Summit’ which comes off at the Swiss Spread, Alisa Hotel, North Ridge in Accra from May 11 to May 12.
Speakers at the event will include Madam Charlotte Osei, Chairperson, Electoral Commission (EC); Madam Esther Cobbah of Strategic Communications Africa (Stratcomm Africa); Comfort A. Sakoma, a Business Development Strategist from Nigeria; and Shirley Frimpong-Manso of Sparrow Productions.
Like some people say, “Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back,” the various women at the ‘She Summit’ will give women the needed tools that will aid them to be successful in their endeavours.
On Saturday, May 13, the day will start off at 5:30 am with a walk to amplify Maternal Health Awareness at the Efua Sutherland Children's Park.
The awards gala, where outstanding women will celebrated, will come off at the Banquet Hall, State House later that day.
The Special Guest of Honour for that event is Rebecca AkufoAddo, First Lady of Ghana.
Some of the distinguished women who were honoured at last year’s event included, Grace Amey-Obeng (Excellence in Business), Beatrice Aidoo (Excellence in Media), Grace Nortey (Excellence in Arts), Lucy Quist (Excellence in Corporate Responsibility) and Beatrice Wiafe Addae (Excellence in Health).
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar