Some distinguished women who have blazed the trail when it comes to empowering women while contributing to the socio-economic development of the country are set to be honoured at the second Ghana Women of the Year Honours.
The Honours celebrate the mavericks, the enduring souls, the tenacious sisters, the standard bearers in Ghana.
Just like the maiden edition last year, several activities have been lined up for this year’s three-day event.
This year’s will kick off with the ‘She Summit’ which comes off at the Swiss Spread, Alisa Hotel, North Ridge in Accra from May 11 to May 12.
Speakers at the event will include Madam Charlotte Osei, Chairperson, Electoral Commission (EC); Madam Esther Cobbah of Strategic Communications Africa (Stratcomm Africa); Comfort A. Sakoma, a Business Development Strategist from Nigeria; and Shirley Frimpong-Manso of Sparrow Productions.
Like some people say, “Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back,” the various women at the ‘She Summit’ will give women the needed tools that will aid them to be successful in their endeavours.
On Saturday, May 13, the day will start off at 5:30 am with a walk to amplify Maternal Health Awareness at the Efua Sutherland Children's Park.
The awards gala, where outstanding women will celebrated, will come off at the Banquet Hall, State House later that day.
The Special Guest of Honour for that event is Rebecca AkufoAddo, First Lady of Ghana.
Some of the distinguished women who were honoured at last year’s event included, Grace Amey-Obeng (Excellence in Business), Beatrice Aidoo (Excellence in Media), Grace Nortey (Excellence in Arts), Lucy Quist (Excellence in Corporate Responsibility) and Beatrice Wiafe Addae (Excellence in Health).
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro
- Video: I would’ve accepted Menzgold ambassador deal – Yvonne Okoro
- 'You’ve shown me what real love is' – Becca celebrates husband's birthday
- Stop the rubbish; I never invested in Menzgold – Yvonne Nelson
- Menzgold-endorsing celebs not to blame – Brand expert
- Nominees for 2019 Africa Gospel Awards unveiled
- Game of Thrones: final season premiere date revealed
- I'm not disturbed about Menzgold saga - Joyce Blessing
- Fela would have been president of Nigeria if alive – Son
- Video: People thought I was jealous when I advised them not to invest in Menzgold – Prince David
- R. Kelly’s career is finally crashing down...Here’s how it happened
- Presby Minister launches 2 new books
- Shaker and I created a beautiful love song – NanaYaa talks about new jam