Port Harcourt-based singer, Timaya, born Alfred Inetimi Odon, has revealed the source of his inspiration.
The Rivers-born singer said starring at women’s bums inspires him and he is unapologetic about that.
Timaya said some of his songs came as a result of staring at ladies’ backside.
He told Punch, “I love the woman backside because it is very beautiful and just by staring at it, I get ideas for songs.
“And that is how songs like Ukwu and Shake Your Bum, came about.
“However, I also sing about many other things so it is balanced.
“A lot of people are hypocritical because songs about bums usually have the highest downloads but people would come out to criticise them. So who is downloading them?
“I have learnt that you can never please everybody and I don’t waste my time trying to do that. I stay true to myself, and if you’re cool with it, it’s okay. And if you’re not down with it, that’s also okay. Life goes on.”
“I have a very wonderful relationship with my daughters and I relate with them a lot so they also see me as a friend.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case