Rapper Medikal’s failure to win even one award out of seven nominations at the 2017 Ghana Music Awards generated a lot of media attention. His loss raised lots of eyebrows with many calling the awards suspicious.
Kofi Kinaata on the other hand went home smiling that night, winning three awards, including Highlife Artiste of the Year at the same event.
Interestingly, Medikal’s loss became the reference for Kofi Kinaata, who was adjudged the Artiste of the Year at the Western Music Awards.
In his acceptance speech, the ‘Confessions’ hit singer told patrons that he nearly became “Tardi Medikal” meaning he nearly became “Takoradi Medikal”.
Kofi Kinaata’s comment follows a long wait before he won an award out of his nominations at the awards that came off at the Best Western Atlantic Hotel in Takoradi on April 29.
The Western Music Awards was attended by several musicians from the region including Gyedu Blay Ambulley and Nero X.
A grateful Kofi Kinaata knelt down to show gratitude to his Takoradi fans for their support.
Below is Kofi Kinaata’s speech:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case