Reigning VGMA unsung act of the year Kuami Eugene says that amongst all the distractions that could be a threat to his young career, complacency is what he intends to fight strongly.
The ‘Boom Bang Bang’ singer believes that in being a celebrity, there is the tendency for one to become too satisfied with one’s achievements.
In an interview with Joy News’ MzGee, he said “Sometimes you think you’re too much ok because you’re ‘there’, and it’s all part of being famous.”
The young artiste admits that he is gaining recognition very fast within the music industry, but added he recognises that he has a lot more work to do because he surrounds himself with other artistes who have reached higher pedestals and that shapes his goals.
According to Kuami Eugene, one of the measures he is taking to fight complacency is to be sure to lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it despite his position.
“We don’t know who will help who tomorrow, so when I get the opportunity to help anyone or when I’m ahead of anyone, I don’t get too much excited that it affects my relationship with anybody,” he stated.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway