Actor Prince David Osei has revealed that Nigerians revere Ghanaian talents so much that whenever they meet, Nigerians tend to be afraid.
According to him, Nigerians value Ghanaian talents such that they believe the latter is more intelligent.
Despite this reverence, Prince David Osei says the reason Ghana sometimes lag behind is that “Nigerians are naturally aggressive towards success.”
“They will do anything to succeed,” he said in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty.
“In Ghana, we don’t really appreciate our own and support our own…If we celebrate our people and appreciate what God has given to this nation, it will go a long way to encourage people to go beyond being a star in Ghana and looking beyond,” Prince David Osei said.
He noted that Nigerians are making an impact globally because “they celebrate each other, they love their own.”
The actor, who said he had his break in Nigeria with the series ‘About to Wed’, was of the view that, “there are a lot of great talents in Ghana” but they are not given the needed opportunity.
Asked if Nigerians recognise Ghanaian talents, the actor responded that, “they adore Ghanaian talents and they appreciate us so much.”
“When we meet head-to-head, they are afraid, they go like Ghanaians are intelligent, Ghanaians speak well…and some of them will love to come and live in Ghana…”
Prince David Osei revealed that “To them, it’s a big deal to come and film in Ghana with Ghanaian actors and actresses…in as much as they love their people, they don’t condemn their people.”
“The bottom line is we should learn to love each other,” he advised.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies