The new ‘King’ of Reggae/Dancehall in Africa, Stonebwoy, has said that his kingship in music is like that of Asantehene.
According to the ‘Top Skanka’ hitmaker, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II does not have to make noise about his supremacy.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, the artiste said he does not have to remind the people he is ‘King’.
Stonebwoy was responding to a question about how it feels to win so many accolades respecting him as the top reggae dancehall artiste in Africa.
“If Otumfuo is King, he doesn’t have to remind his people that he is king,” he said.
This year, Stonebwoy has faced off with the top dancehall artistes in Africa to emerge the winner as ‘Dancehall Artiste of the Year’ in Ghana and Africa at both the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA) and the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards all hosted here in Ghana.
When asked about his collaborations with the AFRIMA brand, he suggested to Ghanaians to think globally and that AFRIMA has been doing big things with him internationally for five years now since his first performance at that awards.
“The world is bigger than Ghana, so let’s open our minds,” the dancehall artiste remarked.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I’m now born again – Yul Edochie after ghastly accident
- Watch ‘deepfake’ Jon Snow apologise for final season of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Italian George Clooney fraudsters arrested in Thailand
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story