Singer Eddie Khae says he is working feverishly to catch up the popularity of his ‘Do The Dance’ song.
The song, described by many as arguably the most popular song of 2018, went viral early in the year with an interesting dance move believed to be from a school in the Ashanti Region.
In a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee, the musician disclosed that he was inspired by the dance which he claims was initiated by students of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
“I didn’t decide to hide myself. It was the nature of the whole thing because the song went viral and left the owner so with time I will catch up,” he said.
“The dance is not actually mine, it is the song. The dance is a thing they do in Tech [KNUST] so I saw Nana Kojo, a friend of mine in UCC do the dance, it was catchy and I decided to do a song for it,” Eddie Khae added.
Eddie Khae, who says he has been trying music a while, it overwhelmed by the response his first single has garnered.
“It is actually the biggest song in Ghana right now, if I’m not blowing my own trumpet but I believe it is the biggest song right now,” he said.
The musician added that “Every musician’s dream to be known or have this one song that puts him or her on the map and ‘Do the dance’ has done that for me, it a wonderful experience, it is overwhelming…Like I can decide not to do music again.”
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana