Member of defunct Nigeria music group P-Square, Peter Okoye, says Ghanaians should not criticize rapper Sarkodie for promoting Nigerian videos on his Instagram page.
In August 2018, rapper Sarkodie was attacked by some social media users for promoting Mr P’s single titled ‘Wokie Wokie’ on his page rather than supporting his Ghanaian colleagues.
Their anger stems from the cold reception Ghanaian artistes received in Nigeria during the launch of Zylofon Media and Menzgold in that country.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the AFRIMAs told Doreen Avio in an interview that rapper Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians he has met in Ghana and does not think people should criticize him for posting a friend’s music video.
“This is Africa and you can’t just say because he put up my music, people are sad that he is not doing that for his fellow people, Sarkodie is one of the most humble musicians I have met in Ghana”, he said.
Mr P also likened his story to that of Jesus Christ saying that he is not expecting everyone to love him.
“We still have people who don’t like you, even Jesus Christ was crucified”, he added.
Mr P who is in Ghana for the 2018 AFRIMAs scheduled for November 21 to November 24, expressed excitement about this year’s event.
He said he is happy that the show is being held in Ghana for the first time and he will be performing as a solo artiste.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35
- Comedy play 'Adam in Court' stages on June 22
- Cardi B forced to perform in bathrobe after wardrobe malfunction
- 2019 MTV Movie, TV Awards: The only 10 moments people will be talking about
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko