Former President John Mahama turned 60 on Thursday, November 29. As usual, politicians and institutions have wished the former National Democratic Congress (NDC) leader a happy birthday.
Mahama has lived over half of his life in the public. After leaving the private sector in the early 90s, the former Member of Parliament (MP) has not ceased to be a public personality.
Let’s tell the story of John Mahama in the public eye with photos that capture the various stages of his rise.
In the first photo, we see a much younger Mahama being interviewed by journalists in the 1990s. Interestingly, one of the journalists, to Mahama's left, would go on to campaign for Mahama in 2012. The journalist is Yaw Ampofo-Ankrah.
In the second photo, we see John Mahama in conversation with the late John Evans Atta Mills. Mahama was then Vice President to Mills.
Mahama served to his maximum capabilities as deputy to John Evans Atta Mills. In 2013, John Mahama would be sworn in as president of Ghana. He would have Kwesi Amissah-Arthur as Vice president.
Like any other president, Mahama led the country in the ways he thought fit and performed to his maximum best but would lose a re-election bid in 2016.
After the presidency, John Mahama has been involved in international diplomatic activities which include monitoring elections overseas.
One of the people with whom Mahama would work on international elections was Kwadwo Afari Gyan, a man who has called an election for John Mahama. Mahama likes to give off the feeling that he is a family man. And he has done that quite perfectly.
In this photo, we see him celebrating his wife while the couple is surrounded by their children. And the last and current stage of Mahama's public life is his bid to return as the president of Ghana come 2021. The former president is currently the leader in the pack of candidates hoping to lead the NDC into the next general elections.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Watch ‘deepfake’ Jon Snow apologise for final season of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Italian George Clooney fraudsters arrested in Thailand
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife