The founder of the Radio and Television Personality (RTP) Awards says production for his awards is far better as compared to the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA).
According to Prince Mackay, even the set up for AFRIMA was dubbed from his Awards.
Ghana last weekend hosted the first of three editions of AFRIMA. The annual awards scheme seeks to honour hardworking and deserving musicians on the African continent.
Speaking in an interview with KMJ on Showbiz Now on Joy Prime, Mr Mackay said, “The entire set up for AFRIMA was the set up for RTP Awards.”
“The red carpet and everything into the inside was the same even that their production was bad … where I was sitting there were lots of people sleeping,” he mentioned.
The RTP Awards founder further indicated that most Ghanaians came congratulating him for the wonderful locally produced show he has been organising over years after their experience at the AFRIMA.
“On that night I became a hero because several Ghanaians [walked[ to me and said that oh wow it looks like we’ve not appreciated what we have for over many years because what you did was far better than what they have done,” he said.
Prince Mackay also alleged that Nigerians are not good with organising events.
“The local people in Nigeria cannot produce good show unless the show is being done by DSTV,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Thank you! Kuami Eugene appreciates KiDi for amazing verse
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos
- Cuba Gooding Jr. rants about groping allegations
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes