Musician Gasmilla is calling for unity among the music industry players to help push the sector.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the artiste stated that lack of unity will be the death of the industry.
“Every year Nigerians bring a new dance. With the new dance comes a new song. It does not matter who brings the dance, Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy, and all the others will join in the trend which helps sell the song and the dance to the world,” he said.
Gasmilla bemoaned Ghanaians who do not support themselves as much.
He told Andy Dosty, host of the show, artistes and DJs fail to understand that when they help themselves, they help the industry grow.
The artiste explained if a dance originates from Jamestown, the people in the Volta may ignore it because they do not like the former.
The “Telemo” hitmaker added he knows DJs who do not play songs of artiste. According to him, the DJs feel those artistes are rude or ungrateful.
“I tell them, if you don’t play their songs, you are killing your industry and building somebody else’. You as a DJ your songs won't be the biggest thing in the world. You will not be getting gigs, neither will the artiste so we all dey suffer,” he said.
Gasmilla said, if everyone interested or invested in the music industry, do something little to support each other, they sell the country, the music and their brand, internationally.
He added, it not just grow the industry but promote the Ghanaian sounds too.
“We just have to be united and know that if I do it for you I do it for myself,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads