A philanthropist and two corporate institutions are to be honoured at the MUSIGA Presidential Grand Ball scheduled for Sunday, April 7.
The honorees, who will receive the Music Industry Pillars Awards are, Dr Kofi Abban, CEO of Rigworld; telecommunication giant Vodafone and 4Syte TV.
They will be honoured at the event which will come off at the Accra International Conference Center (AICC) under the distinguished patronage of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
The sixth edition of the Presidential Grand Ball will also commemorate the President’s 75th birthday.
Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) President, Bice Osei Kuffour (Obour) said in a statement: “After a critical scanning of the landscape, the Board of the Presidential Grand Ball and the executives of the Union settled on this list of honorees out of the many nominees.”
He added that “This year’s Presidential Grand Ball is special for a number of reasons which include the fact that it’s the official birthday party for the President and it also marks my final Grand Ball as MUSIGA President.”
He indicated that “The Ball will witness a number of exciting surprises and I invite the captains of industry to show their appreciation for the positive contributions of our music heroes to our national life.”
Other honorees for the night who will receive the Music Industry Heroes awards are Pat Thomas, Naa Amanua, Asabea Cropper, Professor Kofi Abraham, Abirekyireba Kofi Sammy and Kwadwo Akwaboah.
The night, which promises to be one of quality entertainment, camaraderie and fun features a line up comprising Dancehall act, Samini; the evergreen Daddy Lumba, the Golden Voice of Africa, Pat Thomas; the Showman of Africa, Bob Pinodo and the Queen of Folk Music, Naa Amanua of Wulomei fame with ace comedian DKB in attendance.
Over the last five years, the MUSIGA has celebrated a number of people for their contribution to the development of the music industry.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album