Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, Dr. Ziblim Iddi has described the Miss Ghana pageantry as the country’s pride.
Dr Ziblim who launched the 2019 edition of the Miss Ghana pageantry, was full of praise for the chief executive officer and organiser of the event, Inna Patty.
“It is true that over the years the pageant has gone through transformation and its own challenges but I commend Inna for her courage, her resilience [and] for her tenacity to make sure this brand exist,” he stated.
The Deputy Minister added, the Ministry is impressed by the works of the Miss Ghana which according to him, foster the growth of tourism.
He explained the pageant helps promote tourism and the country hence it is not only for the Ministry but for the country as a whole.
Dr. Ziblim called for public support and promotion of the pageant because “this is an authentic Ghanaian pageant that we all have to support.”
“In the past two years that I have been in this Ministry, we have sat back, monitored, observed and come to the conclusion that this is a national asset that we cannot allow to collapse,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah