Father of the award-winning rapper, Kwesi Arthur, Samuel Danso Arthur says his son’s claim he will settle at age 35 should not be taken seriously.
Kwesi Arthur, 24, a few months ago in an interview on Starr FM suggested marriage may derail his focus.
He revealed he would prefer to settle down at 35.
But the father of the ‘Ground-Up artiste who was celebrated on Fathers’ Day edition of ‘The Gist’ told Joy News’ MzGee, his son’s plans to marry in his mid-30s may be the result of the challenges faced by the family when he was a child.
Kwesi Arthur and his father in church
“He can’t be serious. I saw it and I said ‘this guy is he normal’? When you are young and you put structures in place, you make healthy babies. They should have asked him how old his dad was when he gave birth to him. I think 35 is too much,” Mr Danso said.
The rapper's father believes he is delaying his marriage because of his experiences while growing up “but life cannot ever give you 100%.”
Kwesi Arthur’s dad was grateful to his superstar son who according to him replaced his cab engine when it broke down recently.
The Gist with MzGee airs on the Joynews Channel on MultiTV at 8:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'