This weekend has been interesting for music lovers and to some extent non-music lovers who all turned to Twitter to follow the rap battle between Medikal and Strongman.
On Sunday evening when Strongman released his new track ‘Ups and Downs’ which featured M.anifest, many assumed it was recorded purposely for the battle. Lines by rap sensation M.anifest on Strongman’s new song were believed to target an unnamed musician setting the stage for a fierce battle that dominated social media discussions throughout the weekend.
However, Strongman, born Osei Kwaku Vincent, in an interview on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM, revealed the song was completed about three weeks ago and was not a “diss” song as it is made to seem.
“I know some lines from M.anifest suggests it was recorded for the beef, that is not the case. I began working on the song on May 7 and only decided to release it last night,” he told Mamavi Aboagye, who hosted the show, Monday.
The battle which originally involved Medikal and Kwesi Arthur, on Friday, suddenly saw Strongman jumping in on Saturday Morning, leaving people wondering why.
Speaking in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM Monday, the rapper said Medikal called him to the table in his song ‘To Whom It May Concern’.
“A whole lot of lines were directed at me. If you listen to the latter part especially and read between the lines you’d know,” he told Andy Dosty host of the show.
He explained he is not a fun of rap beefs but he felt he needed to address some of the accusations and issues raised in Medikal’s diss ‘To Who It May Concern’.
Strongman dropped ‘Don’t Try’ as a response to Medikal’s song and later ‘Immortal’ to counteract yet another song by Medikal, ‘Last Burial,’ in which he made allegations about his mother and his girlfriend.
The ‘Transformer’ hitmaker explained although his family was attacked, he didn’t take the rap battle personally.
“When it comes to music you use the brain more than the heart, I don’t know why an ordinary song, should make me emotional,” he added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act